Thursday, November 19, 2020

Thanks to All of the Nasty People


I am jaded, 

I have learned a lot from the kind nice people I have encountered.  I have learned about kindness, and sharing, and forgiveness.  I have learned how to take responsibility, I know how to recognize when I have been wrong and apologize.  I have learned that most people in life are good, and kind, and loving, and forgiving.  I have learned this from all of the good people I have encountered in life.  

I have also learned how to know when I am being screwed over in life.  I have dealt with enough nasty selfish people, to know when someone is putting everything in their favor and taking everything from me that they can.  I know this because it has happened a lot of times in my life. I learned this from all of the nasty people I have encountered in my life.  

I have learned sometimes I need to stand up, speak up, hold my ground.  Sometimes I need to simply say enough, and walk away.  I need to look out for me.  I have learned this, thanks to all of the nasty people I have met and dealt with in my life.  

I have dear friends, and people I respect who have not learned some of these things.  Perhaps they are kinder, or more forgiving than I am.  Perhaps they have not met the nasty people of life.  I suspect they have met the nasty people, but have not learned some of the hard lessons of life.  

I worry that I am experiencing a hardening of the attitudes. Then I get screwed over again, and I am reminded that sometimes, on some things, we have to protect ourselves.  Thanks to the nasty people I have learned that from, for helping me learn. May they learn kindness, honesty and generosity someday, just not at my expense again.   

Rant over, 

Note: This was triggered by something in my work life.  

What bugs you most about the photo above? (How bad is your OCD?) 




19 comments:

  1. Skins are thin at the moment
    I know xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meriting extra patience lest I say something that will hurt more than it should

      Delete
  2. the fucking this is upside down! how dumb do you have to be to install a device like that? and nasty people can FOAD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shit, should be "thing", not "this".

      Delete
    2. Been that way for decades,

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11/19/2020

    Trump supporters? I hope you don't know too many. I need to straighten the alarm, like a not quite level picture, but do you do it in someone else's house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes leveling the picture results in it falling off the wall.

      Delete
  4. Yeah , the upside down thing!!!!

    I think between being burnt by ex's and screwed like you a couple times, it's now why I have become sort of ice queen...and can be evil and nasty right back, but so far I have a good control over when to release it. Not quite an evil queen yet, unless you know who doesn't leave office......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had, had my way, I would have left scorched earth on this one. But cooler or more naive heads prevailed.

      Delete
  5. Oh so sorry about the work thing. I sure don't miss those. As for the photo, can you please go back and turn it rightside up? THEN I'll get started on the rust and nests and dirt, and the fact that it's not entered above the nasty pipe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The alarm bell is being fixed, they are tearing the building down this month.

      Delete
  6. The alarm is annoying, but frankly we have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! (I just drove by, the building has been torn down.)

      Delete
  7. The alarm doesn't really bother me.
    Speaking up doesn't have to be an argument, it could just be saying your piece, your opinion, and that's not a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it has been left to me, I would have likely burned a bridge on this one. It wasn't left to me.

      Delete
  8. I am sorry to hear you are feeling jaded, that sucks. Work can be a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone didn't stick to what they had committed to.

      Delete
  9. Oh yeah, we've all been there. We just have to learn our lesson and move on. Hopefully karma will get them sooner or later.

    It does not bother me in the least that the sprinkler is mounted upside down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I now see it when it happens.

      Delete