Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Pay off


 I took a couple of art classes in college. Professor Ron Larned could teach art to the artistically handicapped.  One of the classes was a photography workshop, Polaroid the Art of the Instant Image.  The class used Polaroid instant film cameras, fairly simple cameras. There was little you could do beyond selecting the subject, composing the image, and clicking the shutter.  One of the learning objectives of the class was that you can create spectacular images with simple equipment. Work, time, planning and persistence pay off.  

Spotting and photographing bald eagles has become a part of my daily routine. I have a least 100 bad photographs of bald eagles.  They are bad photos because I have to point and you need a magnifying glass to see the bird.  Then there are the few, where I was in the right place, at the right time, with a decent camera, and the presence of mind to capture the image when it was there.  It isn't about the camera, it is about being prepared and being persistent.  After weeks of distant shots, three times in two weeks, two-days in a row, the magic happened and the pay off for being there nearly everyday, rain or shine, sticky-hot or cold, I was there when one of the worlds great birds flew over my head and I was able to capture half a dozen amazing images. Pay off, big time. 

What should I say in the caption for this photo? 

  

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/03/2020

    "Building a fort in case things go terribly wrong tomorrow".

    ReplyDelete
  2. "can't you see I'm nesting?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like their getting things ready for the next clutch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The olive branch didn't work. Next time, it's the entire tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can think of a head she can drop the tree on.

      Delete
  5. Time to whoop that Tyrant's ass right out of my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Buzzards appear to have moved onto the circling the White House.

      Delete
  6. "Who here ordered the stick?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we can't deliver that there, we will have to come back tomorrow, remember when the wood flooring was delivered?

      Delete
  7. Wow, that is a fantastic photo! Congratulations. It looks like it's nest building time. "Excuse me, master builder at work".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been beefing up the nest for winter, I saw it this morning.

      Delete
  8. "It's time to stick it to the man!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. A delivery from Nest depot

    ReplyDelete