Saturday, April 06, 2019

Beach Weather

No trip to Florida is complete without a stop at a beach, in this case the beach at Patrick Air Force base, just south of Cocoa Beach. It was about 70 degrees (F) and overcast.  No swimmers and only a couple of people surfing.  There were a few people stretched out on the sand, enjoying the clouds.  I took a short walk, then on my way, I was meeting a cousin for lunch.  

So what is good beach weather?  If I am going in the water, I want it the water warm, 80 degrees is a nice Florida surf temperature.  I'd actually prefer the air to not be any warmer than that.  If I am not going in the water, 70's with little breeze is wonderful.  I can walk and not get overheated.  

What is your idea of beach weather? 

5 comments:

  1. I go to the beach to get in the water, so the warmer the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like warm water. We used to heat our pool in Palm Springs to 84 or 86. Fine with me. But I was in Miami one hot July and the sea was even too warm for my sensibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. may or october, when the air temp is not too hot. I like to listen to the crashing waves. not so inclined to sit on the sand or go in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Im at the beach, I enjoy all the weather. Hearing and smelling the ocean is just enough

    ReplyDelete
  5. Overcast, preferably with light fog, no warmer than 70. I'm a bit odd when it comes to the beach.

    ReplyDelete