Sunday, July 29, 2018

Funny Farms - Sunday Five


I was raised on a funny farm, we raised bees and produced honey.  I was running errands with my grandmother when she stopped by the local oil and gas delivery service to pay a bill. The clerk shouted into the back room, "I need the bill for that funny farm!" My Grandmother was furious, I doubled over with laughter.  So on a sweet and sticky subject, this week's Sunday Five.

1:  Would you suit up and venture into a bee hive with a beekeeper? 
2:  Would you know a honeybee from a wasp or hornet if one landed on you? 
3:   With a once in a lifetime exception, there is only one queen in a colony of bees.  Are you the queen of your colony? 
4:   Have you ever seen honey being extracted from combs? 
5:   The lighter the honey the milder the flavor, the darker the honey the more intense the flavor.  Do you prefer light or dark? 

My Answers!
1:  1:  Would you suit up and venture into a bee hive with a beekeeper?  - Yes, it is fun to watch up close.  
2:  Would you know a honeybee from a wasp or hornet if one landed on you? Yes, 
3:   With a once in a lifetime exception, there is only one queen in a colony of bees.  Are you the queen of your colony?  Not really, just another drone. 
4:   Have you ever seen honey being extracted from combs? Seen it,  done it, and filed the tax returns for being paid as child farm labor. 
5:   The lighter the honey the milder the flavor, the darker the honey the more intense the flavor.  Do you prefer light or dark? Dark and intense - my father and I differed on this. 

Your answers in the comments. 

8 comments:

  1. 1: Would you suit up and venture into a bee hive with a beekeeper? Hell yes, that would be cool to see!
    2: Would you know a honeybee from a wasp or hornet if one landed on you? Yes
    3: With a once in a lifetime exception, there is only one queen in a colony of bees. Are you the queen of your colony? Oh Honey. I'm am The Big ole Queen!
    4: Have you ever seen honey being extracted from combs? No.
    5: The lighter the honey the milder the flavor, the darker the honey the more intense the flavor. Do you prefer light or dark? I love honey. I use it on tea biscuits and in my tea with milk, or eat it right from the jar. I like it all. Lately I have been using a Wildflower honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Eek, no! Too much of a girlie.
    2. Not THAT much of a girlie! Yep, I know what a honeybee looks like.
    3. I am definitely queen of my castle. And colony.
    4. No.
    5. Light. I am just a wee bitty girl, remember, or, I just plain prefer the light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1: nope

    2: yes; we love honeybees, we h8 wasps & hornets!

    3: HELL YEAH! both at home and at work! spo doesn't call me warrior queen for nothing, ya know!

    4: yes, on "sesame street"

    5: light color, please

    (sings) sugar, oh honey honey, you are my candy boy, and you got me wanting you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZMWWguXnps

      the sesame street clip

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nE2spOw_o

      everybody sing!

      Delete
  5. 1: Would you suit up and venture into a bee hive with a beekeeper? Never. Serious allergy.
    2: Would you know a honeybee from a wasp or hornet if one landed on you? Yes.
    3: With a once in a lifetime exception, there is only one queen in a colony of bees. Are you the queen of your colony? Nope.
    4: Have you ever seen honey being extracted from combs? Only behind glass!
    5: The lighter the honey the milder the flavor, the darker the honey the more intense the flavor. Do you prefer light or dark? Depends on my mood. Light honey sounds good today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Nope. It's not the bees, it's the helmet! I panic if my head gets stuck in a shirt!

    2. Yep.

    3. Yep, by default. Balder Half would make a lousy queen.

    4. I think so, in one of those old Disney nature films I believe.

    5. I did not know this about honey. Doesn't matter, I don't like honey at all. BH buys it by the gallon (it seems to me anyway) every year at our annual wine and honey festival. Locally grown honey helps with allergies. He's sneeze and snot free and I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete