Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Cha-Cha Heels



I took the streetcar out to the Castro one evening in SF.  It is still a fun and amazing place.  I ran across these in a little variety store on Castro Street.  Dawn French recently posted on Facebook that she admired the elegant ladies would could strut around on six-inch heels all day and hardly break a sweat.  If you are more likely to trip and fall over your flip-flops,  she is your soul sister.  I agree.  I never have understood how anyone could walk in these instruments of torture.  

I came of age in the late 1970's, I remember wearing platform shoes.  A 3/4 inch base and a 2 inch heel, my father thought it was the end of the earth, my mother simply said, kids will be kids and wear things that shock their parents.  I was not disappointed when platform shoes drifted out of style.  After that it was boots and Adidas for a decade.  

Did you wear platform shoes? 

8 comments:

  1. in the 70s - HELL YEAH!

    today - my arthritic limbs would not support platforms. besides, I try to dress my age, unlike mooriah carey. and yes, high heels ARE torture devices; the human body was never meant to contort that way. give me my comfy clogs any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carebear, you used the "c" word! At least you didn't say *gasp* crocs. Maddie would blow a gasket. I really don't know what a gasket is. Can it be blown? I am manic yes once again.

      Delete
    2. ask maddie; she knows a lot about "blowing things"...

      Delete
  2. Yes I did. Lord help me, yes I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not that I recall. No stilettos either. My feet were/are big enough without platforms adding to the natural swimmerness of it all. It was always a joke in my family how my sisters and me looked so elegant and classy when dressed up. Then we'd spoil the whole effect by walking. Robert Mitchum and John Wayne had nothing on us, boy! Six semi beautiful young women, all clumsy as hell :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4/18/2018

    Boy are you old.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see size 15 on the shelves. Jerry can NEVER find shoes his size. I wonder if any of these would do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in the adidas and boots years!

    ReplyDelete