Saturday, December 31, 2016
The Last Five Questions about the Adventure of 2016
Once again, I am going to do my five questions on Saturday this week, so I can do my traditional New Year's Resolutions post on Sunday.
1: What was your greatest adventure of 2016?
2: A lot of the Adventures of Travel penguin involve hotel stays, how many nights did you spend in hotels in 2016?
3: What was the farthest you traveled from home in 2016?
4: What adventure did you experience in 2016, that you would love to repeat?
5: What adventure are you planning for 2017?
1: What was your greatest adventure of 2016? - going to Italy, there are a few highlights, seeing the inside of the Colosseum, the Pope, Venice and having my picture taken in a Ferrari.
2: A lot of the Adventures of Travel penguin involve hotel stays, how many nights did you spend in hotels in 2016? 42 nights, slightly above my 12 year average of 37.33 nights per year, yes I have a record of every hotel I have stayed in for the past 12 years.
3: What was the farthest you traveled from home in 2016? Rome, about 4,500 miles. And I was as far west as San Francisco a little over 6,200 miles from the farthest west to the farthest east.
4: What adventure did you experience in 2016, that you would love to repeat? I'd go back to Italy, on the drop of a hat.
5: What adventure are you planning for 2017? Gee, I asked the question, and I don't have a clear answer. I am going to Boston, Newport Rhode Island, and Newport Beach, California. Those are all work. I will be in Florida a few times. I should check a couple of things off the bucket list, a balloon ride in Florida? Drive an Indy car? We will see.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
1. Not sure if it was the greatest, but the sweetest was caper hunting in Majorca.ReplyDelete
2. A lot. I spent about 2 nights away every week. Less than 100 but not far off. Premier Inn - improve your porridge!
3. Lanzarote in the Canaries. Our honeymoon.
4. See above!
5. A tour of Scotland in April.
Have a wonderful New Year David.
1. I was pretty hobbit like this year so no adventures at all.ReplyDelete
2. None, see above.
3. Um, just to the other end of Brisbane, Hey Brisbane is pretty spread out, ya know!
4. Sigh. I may cry any minute now. Hobbits are fun creatures, hobbits are fun creatures. Oh that's right, Bilbo and Frodo had massive adventures. Poop.
5. Well, we are planning to go to Darwin in our winter, and Darwin's Dry Season. That's a couple of thousand miles from here, and where I spent (misspent?) a few fun years of my youth. I hope we get there.
1- This year, my greatest adventure would have been to Fire Island. That place is done right quaint and picturesque. 2- between business and pleasure I'd guess about 25 to 30 times. I have always said I could live in a hotel. Over the holidays I took drinks at the Algonquin Hotel, where I met Matilda the cat who lives there. She sooooo has it made. 3- The farthest traveled was probably Ptown. 4- I think id like to repeat the whale watch again. I could never tire of seeing these magnificent creatures. 5- the biggest thing in a trip to Buenos Aires!!!! O also have a package to use for a balloon ride but I need a few more cocktails first!!! Warbucks also surprised me with a river cruise selection, but must look when I can schedule it around work. This could be an exciting year now sweets, I wish you and your partner a very Happy New Year!!!!! 🎩💄💋🍸🍸ReplyDelete
1) This years biggest adventure was a simple drive into Miami from Ft Lauderdale to visit Vizcara with my friend Raymond. Sometimes simple day trips are the spice of life.ReplyDelete
2) I never keep actual count but about 30 nights.
3) Furthest from home this year would be Miami.
4) I'll repeat the drive into Miami's Haulover Beach for some sunbathing a natural as it's easier and warmer than scaling the cliffs here in San Diego to Black's Beach.
5) A long overdue return to the streets of New York New York. It's a helluva town!
Oh, By the way....Happy New Year!Delete
1: didn't have oneReplyDelete
3: 2.5 hours away to stupid BIL's house in redneckland
5: meeting up w/fearsome beard in philly and john gray in NYC!
1: going to PEIReplyDelete
2: I supposed about a dozen, for medical seminars.
4: PEI again. (it was the year's highlight)
5: What adventure are you planning for 2017? I am working on this even as we speak.
I'm unsure when work may be bringing you to Boston but if you have any questions about the city or need any recommendations feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com.ReplyDelete
This is a really good idea that you have going on.ReplyDelete