Saturday, April 20, 2024

Saturday Morning Post: Taking Care of Yourself


 How do we take care of ourselves? 

  • Get enough sleep, you will be more productive working fewer hours and sleeping more.  How many hours, smash your alarm with a hammer and let your body tell you 
  • Eat well.  Eat things you enjoy, eat slowly, eat a variety of foods.  
  • Move regularly.  Walk, run, swim, ride a bike, do chair yoga, move the best way you can.  A body in motion, tends to remain in motion.  
  • Spend time alone.
  • Read, read lots, read things that interest you, read about things you know nothing about, read things you disagree with. Read and comment on blogs. 
  • Maintain social contact, family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, and strangers. 
  • Spend time doing things you enjoy.  
  • Find balance in your life. 
  • Write, tell your story, write fiction, write poetry, write for yourself, write for others. 
  • Listen to music, make music, listen to the rhythms of the forest and the street. 
  • Find an artistic outlet, and indulge yourself. 
  • Laugh, if you can't remember the last time you laughed, it has been too long. 
  • Love yourself, 
  • Love others, 

17 comments:

  1. Amen to all of that David.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a long time to start doing a much of this.

      Delete
  2. Great list; leads to peace of mind and happiness and health and who doesn't want that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some seem to enjoy being miserable

      Delete
  3. Excellent advice, all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great list for taking care of yourself. I love that "smash the alarm clock" note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quit setting alarms years ago

      Delete
  5. You, my dear, must have the metabolism of a hummingbird! I try to get enough sleep but my bladder has other ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deedles I like my sleep and naps too. But I tell people, it's not being lazy, I'm just on energy saver.

      Delete
    2. I sleep 8-9 hours most nights

      Delete
  6. A great list and I agree with many. And for me being social is a huge one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that your social is large.

      Delete
  7. A great list and I agree with many. And for me being social is a huge one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am reading a book by New York Times Book Critic Dwight Garner called "The Upstairs Delicatessen". It's about two of his (and my) favorite things in the world: food and books and it's a stitch. Easy to read, funny and filling.

    ReplyDelete