Wednesday, April 24, 2024

My World of Wonders, aka the Wednesday Ws April 24, 2024


Where have I been? Not far from home, Old Town Alexandria a couple of times, Dyke Marsh, and Huntley Meadows.  

Who have I reached out to?  Hillary, Omar, Erica (people I have worked with), Ruth a dear neighbor, Professor Powell from law school and discovered that he is retiring from U of L to take a post at a Law School here in DC.  

Who have a talked with?  Susan a dear neighbor, random strangers as I am known to do. 

What have I been reading?  Zorba the Greek, a reread. 

What have I been watching?  The riggers and crane operator just outside our windows last Friday.  The hunky rigger was rather athletic. 

What am I listening to?  Simon and Garfunkel as I write this. 

What am I going to miss this year? Most likely the Indianapolis 500, I will be away from home on race day. 

When is the next adventure?  Soon, very soon. 

Who deserves a big THANK YOU this week? Bobbi for connecting me with a nice little consulting project.  

What made me very happy this week?  I found Travel Penguin,  he had been missing for several weeks, and I feared the worst.  He has been with me for over 20 years. I was afraid that he had gotten tossed with a bag that broke on the trip to New Haven in February.  He was in a seldom used pocket in my messenger bag, he is now in a private compartment. 

What am I doing next?  Posts will follow daily, I am going to take a little digital detox starting on Sunday for a couple of weeks. Off on a grand and much desired adventure.  Carry on!

 



18 comments:

  1. Your informative blog about travel penguin and attractions was quite interesting to read. I have never been to the adventures of travel penguin so, I will use your blog to prepare a good itinerary. I will be booking a comprehensive with https://www.indiabycaranddriver.com/ as they offer wonderful experiences

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice try, if you wish to place ads on my blog, reach out to Google AdSense.

      Delete
  2. Your adventure sounds intriguing! I hope you will have a great time! I have a little stuffed animal that my students named "Robert" that travels with me. Though right now, I have no idea where he is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel mascots are fun, little Bob wants to go to France, again.

      Delete
  3. So glad you found Travel Penguin safe and sound, just in time for your next big adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out he was with me, just hiding really well. What a relief, I was pretty sure I had lost him forever. We have a body double, but he would not be the same.

      Delete
  4. I'll just say that a rather athletic hunky rigger is always a welcome sight.
    And enjoy your digital detox. I have done that myself on occasion and find it very worthwhile, adventure or not.
    Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show was rather entertaining last Thursday.

      Delete
  5. Have fun on your adventure! Today's photo is great. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right place at the right time, I heard one, looked up and the other one took flight out of the nest.

      Delete
  6. I want to see more of that travel penguin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to remember to include him more often

      Delete
  7. We don't use the word rigger but I can't think of our word for what they do. I should find a precise definition of rigger and I might then know.
    Did your musical mindset take you off to Scarborough Fair?
    Ok, scaffolder for rigger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A rigger is the person who connects the load to the craine for the lift.

      Delete
  8. Ooh, Zorba the Greek. I’ve never read it! What a relief about a Travel Penguin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was required reading in one of first classes at Rollins.

      Delete
  9. I'll be happy to see where your next adventure will take us! Safe travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mondays post has some details

      Delete