Wednesday, March 15, 2023

World of Wonders, My Wednesday W's: March 15 - week 11.


Who have I seen? Just the usual, I need to work on this. 

What have I seen?  Isn't that one sexy looking car?  

What have I been up to? Work, a bit of progress on a couple of projects, a couple of chances to advise people in high places on issues that are important, ghost writing an article, final edits on a book chapter, too much work and not enough play. 

Where have I been? Home, the office, a few local stops, basically staying close to home for a couple of months. Target last weekend for household items and shower gel.   

What have I been cooking? I made a white bean soup on Saturday, onion, celery, mushrooms, leaks, chicken stock, bacon, dried white beans, a few select herbs and spices, simmered all day, stirred in a couple of hands full of spinach about 15 minutes before serving.  Yummy. 

Why am I? I am to be creative, to make a difference in the lives of others, to live a peaceful life. 

When?  The only time is now. The past is past. The future is uncertain.  

What is the quote of the week? "We are here to enrich the lives of others" Martin Scorsese. 

What is the challenge of the week? We had blank note cards printed for my office.  My challenge for the staff was to find someone to send a handwritten note to.  A Thank You, or Congratulations, or simply "Thinking of You." I hope that doing so becomes a habit and surprises people who are not expecting a simple act of kindness, and what can be an impersonal and cold world.  And yes, I lead by example, one last week, one already this week.  

Who deserves a Slap! The comment spammer who hit me twice on Tuesday telling me what a great blog, and would we please read her post on one scam or another.  Five slaps are probably not enough.  




12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If only the build quality matched the design

      Delete
  2. I love that car; I always have.

    I had the same spammer ... delete, delete, delete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What car being built today will turn heads 50 years from now?

      Delete
  3. We did notes to staff at my school and it was a nice pick-me-up to receive a handwritten note from a peer with a kind message . I took it a step further and started writing notes to my 125 students, making sure that by the end of the year each one had received a note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a society we have largely lost the art of a personal handwritten message. It really stands out.

      Delete
  4. Very cool sports car! And yes, those spammers deserve five HARD slaps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I had the same spammer. That certainly can't be a productive use of their time whoever they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Mr. Scorsese's quote. Good for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good interview on the CBS Sunday Morning show

      Delete
  7. I get multiple spammer comments a day...sigh.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete