Wednesday, March 22, 2023

The Wonders of my World: Wednesday W's March 22nd edition


Where have I been? The office, the farmers market, a nearest wetlands park, a walk past the White House.  Close to home.  

What have I seen?  A couple of bald eagles. 

Who have I talked with?  My sister, I called her on her birthday; my middle brother - I finished his tax returns. My boss - a couple of long conversations. 

What have I decided? Firmly, I will retire the end of the calendar year.  

HoW do I feel about that?  Wonderful, and only slightly terrified.  I am already doing research on what I can do next spring when I can get away from for more than 12 days.  

What have I been cooking?  I did a nice beef roast over the weekend, slow cooked to fork tender, roast potatoes and carrots.  I cheap cut of beef, carefully cooked to its glorious best.  

What has brought me joy in the past week? A really nice walk in the swamp. 

What am I reading? A book on time - that is boring and I have decided to abandon unfinished. I have been making comments on books as I add them to the reading list this year.  I am coming to the conclusion that I need to enjoy what I am reading or why bother. 

What have a started doing? Sketching, or doodling everyday.  There are weird visual spatial issues in the way my brain is wired, and drawing didn't come naturally to me.  So I never really spent time practicing.  I am going to see if practicing, helps me to develop new skills. Practice without criticism or grading. We can do amazing things if we take the time to learn in the way that works for our brain.  

When will spring be here?  There are subtle signs, fresh green color, the early spring flowers, it will surprise us sometime soon. Oh, and a sure sign of spring, the pastry boy is back at the farmers market on Saturdays, he takes the winter off. 

Who deserves and Atta-boy this week? Trisha on my team, she produces our journal and the latest issue is a work of art.  And Edward (not Ed or Eddy) from Chicago who saved our office LinkedIn account.  

What am I looking forward to?  Mentoring the team, to lead boldly into the future, guided by the past, but not burdened by it. 

 

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the decision! So much to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the decision has taken quite the weight off your shoulders.
    Keep sketching-doodling because you never know what you'll create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An exploration of how I see the world.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the retirement decision! Lots of adventures ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon, time to start making plans

      Delete
  4. Your roast beef sounds good. I'm going to attempt to make carne seca this weekend. I've never tried making it before. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sent me to google, sounds like an interesting thing to try.

      Delete
  5. Exciting to have a firm retirement date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exciting is a good word for it.

      Delete
  6. Definite signs of spring there. It's a nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your sister.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, she had a nice weekend

      Delete
  8. Lovely answers - and lovely daffodils too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the Ws but I have no plan

      Delete