Wednesday, March 08, 2023

World of Wednesday W's : Week 10


What surprised me? Week 10, 20 percent of the calendar year has gone by already. 

Who have I seen? Last Friday was the first Friday of the month, our community LGBTQ gathering was dinner in the condo restaurant, a couple of delightful neighbors joined us, an IT wizard, and rocket scientist (daughter of an astronaut.)  A bunch of fellow wizards at the office last Thursday for the Executive Directors farewell party.) 

Where have I been? The usual, the office, the farmers market, out for a walk or two.  We are staying close to home for a few weeks.  

What have I been reading? I finished the 9th book for the year, Out of the Maze, a follow up to Who Moved My Cheese. It was good.  Book 10 is about work culture, and should be finished this week, staying on pace for one a week. 

Who have a talked to? My middle brother called, he sends me his information and I do his taxes for him, he was missing something and called to let me know it is in the mail.  He was heading to the Florida Strawberry Festival, with my ex.  Yes, my brother hangs around with my ex - no accounting for taste. 

What did I buy this week?  A dozen sympathy or bereavement cards, we have reached the age when people die faster than I can buy cards.  

What are we eating? Early spring greens are starting to show up at the local farmers market, and the last of the over-winter veggies, cabbage, sprouts, carrots.  One of my favorite farmers has started growing mushrooms. The Amish farm didn't have soft cheeses this week :( 

What surprised me this week? My attitude, turning a bit of a disaster at the office, into a cloud with a silver lining.  (Read to tomorrow's blog for more than I probably should say.) 

What is new in the neighborhood? An Aldi store opened this week, just down Rt 1 from us.    

Who deserves a slap? I am trying to be a better person, but there are a few people in Congress that would test the patience of the Pope. 

What funny story have I heard? A former Catholic Priest was describing a 7 hour flight from Paris to New York a couple of decades ago, with a child kicking the back of his seat most of the way.  Finally he rose, turned looked at the offending child and said, "you are testing the patience of a priest, and there are limits."  It worked.  

Who deserves an atta-boy this week? Our rocket scientist neighbor for suggesting the south of France for a fall getaway.  

Why Ads? Occasionally I get asked why there are ads on my Blog.  It is not about the amount of money I make, I average a little less than $10 a month.  Google is going to make money on my content.  They track every word, every image, and advertising appears every place I go based on that.  I have a post coming up in a couple of weeks that mentions the brand of messenger bag I carry, and all of sudden I am getting ads for Tumbuk2 (a great bag by the way.) If Google is going to make money on my work, I want a little of it.  It is not much, but a little.  I did make a change in the settings so the adds should be on the sidebars and not in the middle of the text.  

 


  

11 comments:

  1. I'd love a community LBGTQ gathering... or at least I think I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some nice neighbors (and an old grump or two)

      Delete
  2. Twenty percent of the year has gone? So how many days to Christmas?
    That is a little weird about you bro in law hanging out with your ex.
    I wonder how different Aldi stores are around the world? Actually, even here they differ greatly from each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way back in the early days, I built a duplex, a two unit attached building (side by side.) My brother bought half, and I bought half to use as a rental, when we split up, my half went to the ex, who lived there for 3-4 years after the split, then sold and moved on.

      Delete
  3. I love getting together with the L's, the G's, the B's, the T's, and the Q's and +'s.

    I'll slap Congress for you, 'm only working three days this week so i have the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a couple of governors and state legislatures that need talking to while you are free.

      Delete
  4. I was thinking that the Fox Network deserves a slap for putting out a show trying to make Jan 6th look like a tourist event. But then, the Fox people deserve much more serious punishment than just a slap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to believe the denial that goes on.

      Delete
  5. Sadly anyone who is LGBTQ in my community is pretty much in closet. Me being pagan I too, have to lay low.
    But we have the pearl theater is a safe place.
    What do you except from Idaho, mostly the northern part.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are scary places in this country.

      Delete
  6. Our LGBTQ+ community, although large, is primarily bar and drag show focused, so we no longer enjoy being part of it. I created a gay invasion group (pick a place and time and invite the community to show up and meet for coffee, mini golf, dinner, etc.) but someone literally stole my page control and turned it into a big corporate page for special paid events. Sigh. So now our "community" is the two of us, the BFJ & hubby in CT, and my blogger friends. It is what it is.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete