Friday, March 03, 2023

Fabulous Friday: Garden Art


Walls around back gardens are common in Phoenix, and I suspect much of the desert southwest.  I was early on my way to meet with Sharon from Phoenix Daily Photo, and stopped to take a walk along one of the the irrigation canals, along the side was a half mile long block wall, enclosing the side yards or gardens of houses, and this cutie was standing tall and proud over the wall.  It looks like copper, or bronze, and is wonderfully made.  A massive work of art, and fabulously perfect for where it is located.  The right thing in the right place. 

I thought of Sassybear.  If he ever sees one of these on offer, it will be sticking its head up above the snow in NY state.   


16 comments:

  1. I, too, used to collect giraffes. It had gotten to the point when what I really needed was one like that. I can't believe Sassybear doesn't already have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You keep looking for something major for the terrace

      Delete
  2. It's great. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And peeking over the fence it was perfect.

      Delete
  3. Who WOULDN'T want a giraffe statue in their back yard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we should start selling them, or giant cats

      Delete
  4. Where does one find a giant giraffe statue. I'd love to have one looking like it's wandering through the trees aty Casa Bob y Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to have a giraffe in a yard! It would bring smiles to so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's amazing! One I haven't seen this one. I usually only see them in front of the shops that sell them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to think they are expensive.

      Delete
  7. I like all sorts of arts.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this was a nice surprise

      Delete
  8. I definitely want one for my back yard. I've seena few, but none that were just right. I will have one some day!

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete