Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Wonderful World of Wednesday the W's, end of March edition


What is that image?  Me, in a termal rainbow image, projected on a large screen, holding a camera out to take a self portrait.  Maybe I should have used this for a Sunday five to see what guesses it would draw. 

Where have I been?  The Hirshorn, Freer and Sackler galleries of the Smithsonian.  I nice walk through art. The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, to hear the National Symphony Saturday evening, and Mt Vernon for a long walk in the gardens.  

Who have I seen?  The usual and no one in particular.  On one of my morning walks I talked with one of the chaperones of a high school senior trip visiting Washington DC from Pensacola Florida.  They seemed to be enjoying the city. 

What have I seen? The trees on on the brink of bursting into leaf, a couple of warm sunny days and spring will have sprung. 

What have I been reading?  A book about time, that was terrible, but finished. 

What have I been watching? One day recently Sophie encountered an American college student at St. Andrews and posted about it.  Finnegan has about 40 videos posted, a bright young long distance runner, I have watched all of them https://www.youtube.com/@chamber.finnegan. 

What blog post made me think this week? Yorkshire Pudding recently posted drone video of the village he grew up in.  That sent me looking, there is not much from where I grew up, but I did find a nice video of where I live, at 1:37 you can see my place.

What have I cooked?  Friday evening I made a wonderful chicken and barley soup. Sunday I did a spinach and bean dish based on something Mitchell had posted, it was so flavorful. 

What am I doing this week?  Attending a Senate hearing on Thursday that I helped find speakers for.  

What left me cringing?  People who say they are collaborating, and keep secrets from one another. Effing waste of my time, if they are only trying to learn what others are doing, and not sharing what they know.   


12 comments:

  1. Your thermal? rainbow image is very slimming.
    I don't have enough years left to read boring books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have deleted that book.

      Delete
  2. One thing I miss about living in DC, the free museums. To paraphrase Dolly Parton, You Are A Rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun interactive art installation. I need to take advantage of everything that is here.

      Delete
  3. We should all see ourselves as rainbows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rainbow thermal self-portrait proves you are gay to the core!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great video about your town. That rainbow effect is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a whole room full of rainbow content

      Delete
  6. Your cooking sounds delicious! A couple weeks ago I found some beef shank and made beef and barley soup. It was a good one; the beef shank made a big difference. The spinach and beans...yum! Going to get ingredients for that on the next trip to the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someday I am going to write a cookbook, well a food concept book, take the idea and make it your own with what you have handy.

      Delete