Wednesday, March 01, 2023

My World of Wednesday W's: March 1st edition


Wabbit, Wabbit, Wabbit, for good luck as we start off the month. 

Where have I been?  It was cold and moist last Saturday, and I wanted to get out for a walk, so I went across the river to the MGM Grand Cassino, it is a nice place to walk inside, and parking is free. The Wabbit was part of their lunar New Year display in the atrium. On Sunday I walked at Mt. Vernon.  

What have I done?  Lots of work, though I logged off Friday afternoon, slightly ahead of schedule.  Over the weekend I filed our tax returns. Our returns keep getting simpler. 

Who have I talked to?  My middle brother, he sent me his tax stuff to look at.  I does not appear that he needs to file this year. We don't talk often. 

Who else? I have traded text messages with my sister, she tested positive for Covid ten days ago and was home from work for a week of isolation.  

What is new?  I bought a new pair of waterproof walking shoes for the trip to Iceland.  There is a waterfall I am going to walk behind this trip.  I have a waterproof coat, waterproof over-trousers, and an underwater camera for the walk.  

What made me feel better? Getting the taxes done, and a ferry reservation for a volcano in Iceland. 

What special event this week?  A farewell party on Thursday for the Executive Director at work.  He has been with us 13 years, and decided it is time for the next adventure.  I hate to see him go, he has been really good.   

What have I been watching?  A lot of YouTube, season 2 of Clarkson's Farm (it is good), Battlebots, and Gold Rush.  

What am I thinking about doing? Deleting my Facebook profile before we are forced to pay $12 a month to prove that the page is really us.  I seldom post, but I would lose track of a few people.  Maybe people could go back to sending email updates? Or text messages? 

Who deserves and atta-boy? My retired boss, who helped me deal with a sticky issue of organizational politics.  

Who deserves a slap this week? I am back to advocating for kindness.

What made me sad? A high school friend died.  She had been in very poor health and has suffered a lot. Her suffering has ended, her families will take a while.   


 

  


13 comments:

  1. I haven't heard about this Facebook charge., which is strange.

    You must have great respect for your retired boss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also thinking of dropping Meta (Facebook and Instagram for me). I’ll slap everyone at Fox News for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful with the slaps, as my grandfather used to say, $hit splatters.

      Delete
  3. I just commented to Dr. Spo that Zuckerberg deserves good slaps for trying to charge people for something that's been free forever. I'll leave, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all started with Farmville for me.

      Delete
    2. God, I had forgotten Farmville, though now remember my sister trying to get me hooked. Luckily, I declined.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like your Iceland trip is coming together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am trying to be more complete in my planning

      Delete
  5. At Niagara Falls, I walked in the tunnels that lead behind the Horseshoe Falls. At one point, there's an observation deck right behind the rushing torrent of water. Scary and impressive! Now this was over 40 years ago and we were all outfitted in those heavy oilskin-rubber slickers with hoods. So stylish! Nowadays, though, they just give you these disposable plastic wrap ponchos, very down-market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a single use film camera for that, and the processor spoiled the film. I need to go back again.

      Delete
  6. But...but...but...shouldn't you be getting ICE-proof attire? *snicker*

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete