I get urges, you know that rising desire. Urges that become an obsession, that fill my thoughts and dreams. Hence this weeks Sunday five, urges.
1: If you could fly anyplace in the world today, where would you go?
2: Do you have an urge for long distance train travel?
3: Have you ever dreamed of crossing an ocean in a boat?
4: Do you have an urge to ride in a submarine?
5: Do you have an urge to ride into near space?
1: If you could fly anyplace in the world today, where would you go? My random thought is Tokyo, I'd like to see Japan. (Not a good time today, the Olympics are starting and Japan is a bit of a mess.)
2: Do you have an urge for long distance train travel? Yes, but I want a really comfortable room, then take me across continents.
3: Have you ever dreamed of crossing an ocean in a boat? Yes, cruiseliner, cargo ship, freighter, or very large private boat, I'd love to.
4: Do you have an urge to ride in a submarine? It would need to be one of the lucite bubble one's with a great view, in warm waters.
5: Do you have an urge to ride into near space? Not really, Sir Richard Branson can all he wants. I would like to fly supersonic, but the stresses and risks of space are beyond my urges.
Please share your answers in the comments.
1. Nowhere. I don't fly anymore. It would have to be in one of those medical planes, I would have to be the patient and unconscious.ReplyDelete
2. Nope. My urges are so very different.
3. Nope. Too long on a ship.
4. Hell no! I panicked while touring a sub at Pearl Harbor. It was a museum piece and I don't remember if it was even in water. It may have been, since it was near the Arizona Memorial.
5. I very strong hell no! I was made for Earth, I will stay on Earth.
My urges seem to revolve around five pound bags of Albanese Gummy Bears. Being diabetic, that is like an extreme sport for me. Boring has its perks.
Greetings earthling, all of this adds up to staying on the ground, near home, with goodiesDelete
1: If you could fly anyplace in the world today, where would you go? No clue. Venice? Geneva? Florence?ReplyDelete
2: Do you have an urge for long distance train travel? I love it.
3: Have you ever dreamed of crossing an ocean in a boat? No thanks. Although I love being on the sea, a crossing to me is dangerous on a small boat and I don’t like cruise ships.
4: Do you have an urge to ride in a submarine? Interested but I don’t think I’d like it.
5: Do you have an urge to ride into near space? Not for 28 million.
Italy seems to be a theme there, I can think of better things to do with $28 millionDelete
1: If you could fly anyplace in the world today, where would you go? Back to Buenos Aires.ReplyDelete
2: Do you have an urge for long distance train travel? I love train travel. I will never forget the Orient Express trip. I wonder if Ill ever do it again. Now that was travel.
3: Have you ever dreamed of crossing an ocean in a boat? I'm no opposed to it.
4: Do you have an urge to ride in a submarine? Not really, unless it's floating in gin!!!
5: Do you have an urge to ride into near space? Hell no. I don't think we should be in space really till we have all our important issues solved here first. In my mind Im a space cadet, and that seems to be enough for me lmao!!!!!
Do you have enough gin in your cabinet to float a boat.Delete
It is a blessed relief to not have urges in my older years.ReplyDelete
1. Fly to New York to give it a second chance to impress me, and when the weather is not as hot.
2. Very much so. Trans Siberian, Orient Express, first class sleeper car. I'll be there.
3. Been there. Done that. Got bored.
4. Not at all with the exception of small ones that just dip below the surface to see fishies and coral.
5. Depends on how much I will be paid.
NYC is hot, hot, hot right now.Delete
1. Central Europe somewhere. I can take trains anywhere else. ...though I would like to see Bora Bora.ReplyDelete
2. Urge? No. Would I do it? Probably. A train trip across Canada seems good.
3. Dream? No. But would do a transatlantic ride. It seems better than a cruise ship, perhaps
4. Oh g-d no. Even touring one was far too cramped for me, and I don't consider myself claustrophobic.
5. Yes and no. Maybe to circle the earth once or twice, but not for a long period of time - and not for the 16 minute ride.
The trans-Canada train route looks like fun.Delete
1. A lot of places I would like to see in the world, but if the only way to get there is to fly, then I will psss.ReplyDelete
2. I would love to travel again by train, but at the moment it is one of those things I would need to do to prove that I can do it on my own without Anne Marie. This will be a future blog entry to ponder.
3. Cruise on the open sea, perhaps. I have always wanted to do a Mississippi Riverboat cruise with You Know Who, but....
4. I have toured a few submarines at museums, but hell no I would not want to share a combination motor grease/human sweat odored space
with anyone for a period of time.
5. I have no urge to go into space at this time.
1. Flying? I'd go to London, England. I want to go back there and spend more time.ReplyDelete
2. Train Travel? Only if luxury train travel, like the Orient Express or something.
3. Boat across the ocean? Again, only if a luxury liner. Being on the ocean is, in and of itself, boring after a while. Nothing to look at but water.
4. Submarine? No, being under the water would freak me out.
5. Near space? Weightlessness would be neat to experience.
London is always devine.Delete
1. Either Australia or Namibia.ReplyDelete
2. Yes, across Canada or the Orient Express or even across Australia.
3. When I was young...not any more.
4. Only at Disneyland
5. Maybe 10 to 15 years from not which pretty much rules me out.
Interesting question, did the Disney "submarines" ever go under the water?Delete
I use the word 'appetite' hohohoReplyDelete
1: I would join you on that ride to Japan.
2: A long beautiful train trip would be lovely.
3: Yes to this too. Someone may be talked into this one better than the first two.
4: no not this one.
5: Been there done that already.
#5, be careful about self prescribingDelete
1: If you could fly anyplace in the world today, where would you go? Egypt, to see where it all began.ReplyDelete
2: Do you have an urge for long distance train travel? If done with a private berth.
3: Have you ever dreamed of crossing an ocean in a boat? Again, if it was a nice boat, perhaps, though I'd need a lot of books not to get bored looking at ocean every day!
4: Do you have an urge to ride in a submarine? Claustrophobically-speaking, no. Never.
5: Do you have an urge to ride into near space? I might like the weightlessness of it all, but other than that, it doesn't interest me.
Gota be an easier way to induce weightlessnessDelete