Saturday, July 31, 2021

The Saturday Morning Post - Mid-Summer Edition


Who am I thinking about? My boss, who says he is going to retire in January.  He has been a great person to work with, a mentor,  and teacher.   

What have I been doing? Work mostly, long walks - even when I am in the office I get off the subway a station or two before my office and walk.  

When am I going to take time off, later this coming week.  J's oldest brother will be in town for a few days.  

Where am I going next?  New York later in August, Nevada in October - I hope - if we are not back in lock down by then. 

Why this format? It seems to work for Spo on Wednesdays, and everything else I write is scary and depressing. Seriously I have left in draft two posts that are too ugly to post.  

How am I doing.  I think okay.  How are you doing? 

14 comments:

  1. I’m doing OK I think, as well. And hoping, too, my trip can be taken in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will all be fine, one way or another. Hmm, and add for a tour of southern Spain just popped up on the bottom of my screen. Gota go there someday.

      Delete
  2. I am doing quite well, though it's hot and humid and sticky, and nit in a good way, today.
    We, too, have a trip planned for late September and am keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really not sure of the October trip. It was planned around speaking at a conference, the hotel wouldn't let the conference organizers out of their contract.

      Delete
  3. I like this format! That poor frog could use some cleaner water, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was back there Thursday morning, the water was almost entirely green and the frogs were so VOCAL!

      Delete
  4. I'm doing fine! 46th anniversary weekend. Doormat was stolen a couple of mornings ago. 4:00a.m, on porch camera. Idiot rang the bell after taking it and walked away. What kind of weird neighborhood did we move into? Other than seeing Balder for three days out of the week until December, things are just peachy keen. Happiness is such an elusive butterfly, but I'm hot on its trail! Maybe I'll buy a new doormat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could wire the doorbell to the sound a very vicious dog barking, then watch the recording for entertainment. Could be hard on the Amazon delivery people. Sorry about that, probably use to no on being home there most of the time. Order a new doormat and electrify it.

      Delete
  5. I'm doing okay. Just wishing that we could get this virus under control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thought we were headed that way

      Delete
  6. Anonymous7/31/2021

    I'm doing ok. I would like to visit NYC again and hopefully revise my opinion of one of the world's great cities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting comment on NYC, perhaps you feel about NYC like I do about Amsterdam, I don't get why people like Amsterdam.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous8/01/2021

      There you TP. I don't like Amsterdam either, mostly because it is the dirtiest city I've ever visited.

      Delete
  7. Well I liked it, and hope you will do so again next week.
    I do not charge reasonable attorneys fees for the idea.

    ReplyDelete