Sunday, May 03, 2020

The Sunday Five - What Have You Been Up To?


Five questions about what people are doing these days: 


  1. Others, including our remarkable Spo, are reporting reading more than before, are you reading more, less or about the same? 
  2. A couple of weeks ago Mitchell posted about his balls, have you tried Mitchell's balls
  3. We are doing more video conferencing, including John over at Going Gently. Have you found yourself on more video chats recently? 
  4. Music is the backdrop of a lot of lives, Anne Marie is always providing musical flashbacks to my teen years, and the occasional political encouragement. Are you listening to more music, less music, or about the same? 
  5. Here in the northern hemisphere, spring is busting out all over, just as it is for Ken and Walt in France. How green are things where you are? 
My answers: 

  1. Others, including our remarkable Spo, are reporting reading more than before, are you reading more, less or about the same?  I am reading much less, my reading time was my daily subway rides to and from work, with telecommuting I am falling behind, I may not reach my goal for the number of books read. 
  2. A couple of weeks ago Mitchell posted about his balls, have you tried Mitchell's balls? I made a batch, they are very good.  Go ahead, touch them.  
  3. We are doing more video conferencing, including John over at Going Gently. Have you found yourself on more video chats recently? Video chat became a part of my life 11 years ago, I am doing a lot more now.  
  4. Music is the backdrop of a lot of lives, Anne Marie is always providing musical flashbacks to my teen years, and the occasional political encouragement. Are you listening to more music, less music, or about the same? More, hours a day, every day.  
  5. Here in the northern hemisphere, spring is busting out all over, just as it is for Ken and Walt in France. How green are things where you are? The world outside is a livid shade of green, the tree outside my bedroom window is rapidly changing my view from winter to summer.  
Please share your answers in the comments.

21 comments:

  1. Oh MY GOD....It's too late for some my questions….what the hell is this Nightline? 1. NO. 2 NO 3 NO, 4 YES 5-birds...greener yes!

    Oh my, I'm bushed, I must have a lie down. you journalist have the gull to ask such personal questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No to No. 2, you are socially isolating. I will find a way to work you into one of these.

      Delete
  2. 1-not really. 2-nope. 3-nope. 4-about the same. 5-ha! Thanks for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for blogging, you are the second blog on my daily reading list, even if I seldom comment.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous5/03/2020

    Thanks for the photo warning. I am rather prone.

    1. Reading more.
    2. Can't comment. He hates me.
    3. Yes, more video chats with family. Good that you video with John. He seems so down at times.
    4. No more or less music.
    5. Not green at all here, except for the grass. Trees are turning colours, brown and falling as we begin the last month of Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about you when I wrote the last question, the turn of seasons is different on your side of the world.

      Delete
  4. 1. Others, including our remarkable Spo, are reporting reading more than before, are you reading more, less or about the same? Reading about the same, which is a lot.
    2. A couple of weeks ago Mitchell posted about his balls, have you tried Mitchell's balls? They're excellent, by the way.
    3. We are doing more video conferencing, including John over at Going Gently. Have you found yourself on more video chats recently? Yes. Weekly with local friends and now random ones with relatives and friends.
    4. Music is the backdrop of a lot of lives, Anne Marie is always providing musical flashbacks to my teen years, and the occasional political encouragement. Are you listening to more music, less music, or about the same? About the same.
    5. Here in the northern hemisphere, spring is busting out all over, just as it is for Ken and Walt in France. How green are things where you are? Glorious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are enjoying your daily reports.

      Delete
  5. 1 - been reading more online, rather than an actual book

    2- well, I did share the recipe with him, so...the best part about mitchell's balls are they can be whatever you want them to be (fruity, chocolatey, nutty, etc.). how many other guys can say that!

    3 - don't do video chats; no smartphone

    4 - the same

    5 - green, greener, greenest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re #3, do you have an I-pad, or a computer with a webcam? Google hangouts is free and has a great video chat.

      Delete
    2. no i-pad and I don't think my new laptop has a webcam.

      Delete
  6. Others, including our remarkable Spo, are reporting reading more than before, are you reading more, less or about the same? I am reading, and rereading, quite a bit these days.

    A couple of weeks ago Mitchell posted about his balls, have you tried Mitchell's balls? I've heard they're spectauclar, but I have yet to try them.

    We are doing more video conferencing, including John over at Going Gently. Have you found yourself on more video chats recently? Mostly with Carlos'family in Mexico.

    Music is the backdrop of a lot of lives, Anne Marie is always providing musical flashbacks to my teen years, and the occasional political encouragement. Are you listening to more music, less music, or about the same? We have music in the house a lot, between recorded tunes and Carlos playing his trumpet.

    Here in the northern hemisphere, spring is busting out all over, just as it is for Ken and Walt in France. How green are things where you are? Gorgeous in Smallville, Lilacs nd roses are blooming, the trees have leafed out, the lawn needs mowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mind boggles at a trumpet player in the house.

      Delete
  7. 1. I'm reading about the same, a lot.
    2. I absolutely will not touch Mitchell's balls! I hear they're addictive and I have enough problems with weight.
    3. Video conferencing means cleaning the house, so, no.
    4. I listen to music all of the time anyway. Labelle's Lady Marmalade is my kitchen cleaning song.
    5. My weeds are a lovely emerald shade right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A weed is just a misunderstood plant, or the right plant in the wrong place. I always say, bloom where you are planted.

      Delete
  8. An interesting set of questions. It feels like I'm reading more. I hadn't heard of the "balls" but I have been baking things. Yes, I'm doing a lot more video conferencing. I always hated it before but it's a life saver these days. I'm surprised at this but, I haven't been listening to more music. I'm not sure why. We don't get a lot of "green" in the desert but, things are blooming like crazy. But, I'm missing my favorite cactus blooms at the Desert Botanical Garden because it's been closed for the past month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The desert does summer in a different way, like Florida does winter in a different way.

      Delete
  9. Thank you for a shout out. I just finished #15 book
    I confess a long time desire to try M' balls a dream I hope someday to realize.
    A couple of weeks ago Mitchell posted about his balls, have you tried Mitchell's balls?
    I do video for work. I have no desire to do so with chums.
    I am listening to less music as I am trying to keep up with my podcasts.
    As for green/spring - phooey I say. It's getting regular near 37-40C here to blow away spring and its dastardly pollen count.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could make the balls, not hard to do.

      Delete
  10. I started off writing about Anne Marie's balls and now everyone is talking about mine. It's very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you made, them they were yours

      Delete