Monday, July 08, 2019

Fashion Mistakes

While Mitchell frequently shows us the colorful mixtures of patterns in Spain, here in DC the fashion blunders are often more subtle.  Summer students show up with a closet full of $500 suits bought specifically to make them look the part in DC, but forget the socks.  Sockless would work better, than the low cut ankle socks.  Summer students from cooler climates are often seen melting in summer in the swamp.  Apparently law students are still being advised to buy wingtips, or captoes, or 1.5 inch black heels.  Shoes that are uncomfortable to walk in, in a city with a lot of walking. 

Oh how rude of me, of all people, to point out the fashion mistake.  Should I try to be better? 

3 comments:

  1. I see that up here too; go sockless, dammit! I have always said that clothes do not make for a competent employee. I would distrust a lawyer in wingtips/captoes. BE YOURSELF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fan of sockless dressy suits but even worse are anklets! Don’t change a thing. You’re always very kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose anklets are better than no socks with dress shoes. Sweat soppers and all in that hot weather. I've never cared for brown shoes with a blue suit. Isn't there a law against that? Your "rudeness" is too sweet to be objectionable.

    ReplyDelete