Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Fairport Harbor Light

A few days ago I posted about climbing a lighthouse, and Spo asked about the lens, here it is. 
The back half is open.  Reminds me of the basic optics experiments in middle school.  

I have long been fascinated by shipping, I'd love to live someplace with a view of an active harbor.  There is a website where you can see global ship traffic. https://www.marinetraffic.com. I sometimes spend an hour seeing what is happening around the world of the seas.  Everyman needs a hobby.  At one time I read all of the FAA incident and accident reports.  

What weird website do you visit? 

5 comments:

  1. "josh way" and "in no particular order".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not regularly but I do at times get lost in world earthquake sites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddie's is about as weird as I get unless you count Barihunks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely old Frensyl lens , possibly Type 1 or 2. Not many of these these days anymore.

    ReplyDelete