Friday, July 26, 2019

Along for the Ride

Did I pick the route, or am I just along for the ride?  Life is about choices, about deciding what I want to do. Not making a choice, generally is a choice to let others decide where I am going, what I am doing.  If I chose to do nothing, that should be a conscious choice, there are times when doing nothing is the most important thing to do.  In our overshedules, overplanned lives we need down time, even if we have to plan for it and schedule it.  

At times I find it best to pick the train, or plane, settle into the seat, watch the world go by, leaving others in charge of the details.  At times I just want to go along for the ride.  

Are you in charge, or along for the ride today? 

5 comments:

  1. LARGE AND IN CHARGE, BABY! on weekends, it's come what may.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At times both. I'm versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Mistress Maddie, I’m versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today? I'm along for the ride. Well, most days I'm along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Presently I feel I am being taken for a ride.

    ReplyDelete