Saturday, August 08, 2015

Well he asked!

So an 8-year old at the pool asked, "what is that on your back?" My answer, "that is where the split me open and peeled back my flesh down to my bones, and then stapled me back together."  Nothing to worry about, a few year's of therapy and he will grow up to be ether a doctor or a slasher.

In this picture, my head is on the left, the incision was about 9 or 10 inches long, right along my spine from between my shoulder blades to just below the bottom of my rib cage.  In this picture the 42 staples were still in.  This was my first experience with surgical staples. Not bad at all, a little tug when a few of them came out, but for the most part really not much discomfort. She took out half of them one day and the other half the next day. The puncture from the drain tube still shows on my back, the bruises below have long faded.

I have a feeling,. that this is going to leave a mark.

2 comments:

  1. it most certainly WILL, ollie!

    congratulations, you are now a member of the "zipper club". spouse has one on his chest after his heart surgery; I have one on my stomach after my cancer surgery. it fades, but never completely goes away. wear it like a badge of honor and courage against great adversity!

    for those of us who have lived thru such trauma, we salute you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was just thinking about the mark of survival.

      Delete