Saturday, August 15, 2015

Big Airports

I love big international airports. Big airports offer the most interesting people watching, with international arrivals and locals coming and going to places big and small. I find huge airplanes fascinating,  I still think the 747 is one of the two most elegant designs in the history of aviation. Everything that Boeing has built since, looks like a variation on the 737, some are very large, but don't have the style.  I think Boeing built the wrong airplane with the 787, they should have gone double-deck with the same technology.

I always look at the departure boards and see what long haul flight are headed out.  On my recent visit to O'Hare, there were flights leaving for Dublin, London Heathrow and Beijing.  I wandered down for a look at the huge long haul aircraft and the crowds in the departure lounge.  They had a 787 headed to London.  It reminded me of my departure on some of the grand adventures.  Many more adventures to come.

7 comments:

  1. your next adventure begins shortly, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very soon, I'll talk about it later -

      Delete
  2. I agree, most airports are fun! Once you get past security...

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a young teen I used to take the free shuttle bus from the Disneyland Hotel to LAX and I'd watch the planes land and take off all day. Airports are fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had your approach; airports intimidate me as places to become trapped and stranded with no help when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great inspiration for a future post, great misadventures in travel, like how I ended up in Germany one time instead of Rome, how to score seats on the TGV complements of Air France and other classics.

      Delete
  5. I like O'Hare. There's always great people watching and big long haul aircraft. The 747 is my fave aircraft.

    ReplyDelete