I am frequently a solo traveler. Nearly all of my work trips are done alone, on the very rare occasion that one of my colleagues is attending the same meeting or conference, we almost always travel independently. Jay and I travel together for leisure, though sometimes we end up on different flights, we have met up in Stuttgart, Athens, and London, having left home on different days and traveled entirely different routes. Because we work in two different cities, we travel back and forth solo to see one another. I have family in Florida, and travel to see them every year - often solo.
There are things I like about traveling solo - and there are things I don't.
- Being in control of the schedule and agenda
- Not needing to wait for anyone
- Only needing to check one person in for a flight and check luggage for one person
- Only needing to keep track of myself and my luggage
- Being able to sit alone on planes or trains
- Being alone in hotel rooms
I don't like:
- Eating dinner out alone
- Doing all of the problem solving solo
- Not having anyone to watch the bags for a few minutes while I take a walk in the airport or shop in the shops
- Not having anyone to share the adventure or wonders with
What do you like about traveling solo?