Sunday, January 22, 2017

Bloom Where You Are Planted - 5 Questions


As I write this (a couple of weeks ahead of it's posting date) I am watching it gently snow outside my window - the first snow of the season is always kind of pretty and magical - then the novelty wears off and I realize that I prefer warmer weather.  I lived in Florida for about 20 years of my life, every January or February I question the choice to live this far north.  Then I remind myself that I am here for LOVE and opportunities.  We all make choices about where we live.  Many times, outside factors beyond the place shape where we are.  No matter where we are, we can find happiness - we just need to settle down and bloom where we are planted.  

1: What was the primary factor that led to you living where you live? 
2: What is your favorite thing about living where you live? 
3: If you could change the place you live, what would you change about it? 
4: What is the most important factor that keeps you in the place you are living? 
5: How many places have you lived in your adult life? 

My answers: 
1: What was the primary factor that led to you living where you live?  - I am in the Washington DC area because I wanted to live in a real city.  I found the job - so I could live here. 

2: What is your favorite thing about living where you live? - Living in a real city - with the subway within a 10 minute walk of my front door. 

3: If you could change the place you live, what would you change about it? I'd love to have more shopping within walking distance. 

4: What is the most important factor that keeps you in the place you are living? My sweet hubby wants to live here when he retires.  

5: How many places have you lived in your adult life? North Branch, Michigan; Titusville, Florida, Orlando, Florida - 5 places there; Lexington, Kentucky; Arlington, Virginia; Alexandria, Virginia - 6 cities - 9 homes or apartments.  

5 comments:

  1. 1) Followed my husband here for his fellowship.
    2) The Sea.
    3) I would have more public transportation.
    4) We both love it, life is easy here and the resident's attitude/perspective/vibe is wonderful.
    5) Roanoke Virgina in 8 different homes I renovated and sold, one rental in Seattle WA, and a rental house here in San Diego before we bought our current home of 25 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1: What was the primary factor that led to you living where you live?
    It's where I grew up, but I came back here because my mother had a terminal illness. I'll always be grateful I was able to spend the last 15 months of her life with her.
    And I stayed because by then I had met my wonderful partner - nearly 36 years ago.
    2: What is your favorite thing about living where you live?
    That my partner and our extended families (mostly) live here.
    3: If you could change the place you live, what would you change about it?
    I'd like to live by the ocean, but we can no longer afford that. There's always the lottery though, she said, with hope in her heart.
    4: What is the most important factor that keeps you in the place you are living?
    My partner. But you might have guessed that by now!
    5: How many places have you lived in your adult life?
    Three: Brisbane, Darwin and Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1: We were looking to get out of Miami and Carlos found a good job here in SC.
    2: The people are very friendly and very open-minded ... not like what you see on TV about Southerners.
    3: I'm with Fearsome .... more public transport to get out and about.
    4: We love it here.
    5: Sacramento, San Francisco, La Haina, Miami, Camden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet hubby sure does!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1: My partner got a job here.
    2: the mild winter - no snow!
    3: the politics and the bad air
    4: an upside down mortgage
    5: Chicago, Ann Arbor, and Phoenix

    ReplyDelete