Thursday, October 07, 2021

Thursday Ramble - Busy Little Bee



My but I seem to be staying busy lately.  I had a couple of long days, starting early and running late.  I am not a night person.  I often go stretch out on my big fluffy bed at 9:00 PM, and I am usually asleep within moments of turning off the distractions.  I am lucky there, Jay often struggles with getting to sleep.  And he is not a morning person, it is rare for him to be up before daylight, or before me.  

I am awake at 6:00 most mornings.  It is rare for me to sleep until 7:00 AM. One morning recently I decided not to get out of bed, I opened up the bedside computer and read blogs, bringing a gentle rapping on my door about 8:30 asking if I was awake and okay.  Bedside computer, I keep my chromebook, on the side of the bed, for checking email and web-surfing. It is perfect.  

The battery is failing in my IPad, my living room computer.  In the past it would hold a charge for 3 or 4 days, now it is about two days, and when doing intense work it drops like a rock. My first tablet was an early Kindle Fire (pre-ordered, delivered a couple of days before the official release date,) then an android; the IPad outperforms all of them.  I will probably buy another one.  I just need to make time to run by the Apple store.  I also need to replace my phone, I need to find an hour to run to the Verizon store, then get with the office IT guy and make sure it has everything I need to remote into the office.  Time will come. 

It is fall, the tomatoes at the farmers market have lost that ripe summer flavor, a sign that it is getting colder at night.  We are still probably a month from the first frost.  

A couple more busy weeks, then I have a conference scheduled.  And a few days of vacation time.  Then back to the grind until the end of the year holidays.  I will be a busy little bee most of the rest of the year.  



 


 



 

12 comments:

  1. You are busy!!! I am still not back to a full on social calendar. As soon as I decide to branch out some, I get worried again, as lately I'm knowing more people getting COVID again. Only one was not vaccinated. And I friend lost his father just yesterday who was vaccinated. Here we go again.

    But I'm a night owl. Always have, been always will I suspect. Early to bed for me is 1am!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 am only on New Year's eve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/07/2021

    You both having different sleeping habits bodes well for the days when you are both retired. You have some time alone to do your own things. That works for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like my quiet time in the morning

      Delete
  4. I get to bad about 10, and up at 6; Carlos is like a kid who thinks if he goes to bed early, he'll miss something.
    He is also very busy these days, with translations and teaching online ESL classes and such; I, myself, have a bug even this weekend, but then we slow down until middle of November, which is good because we're off to Oregon for a stretch at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fall season is unusually busy this year, take care,

      Delete
  5. Take time to smell the flowers, busy bee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They only bloom, when they bloom

      Delete
  6. Sounds very familiar. I just mentioned to a friend that I'm suddenly a lot busier. Maybe it just seems busier since I've spent the last year and a half staying home all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have two new funded project starting up this fall, it is wonderful to have the work, I am going to be busy.

      Delete
  7. In a few weeks I see Brother #3, who has bees - he may have a bit of honey to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He may be surprised how much honey a couple of colonies of bees can produce

      Delete