Monday, August 31, 2020

My Music Monday - Yesterday


The car is from yesterday, a long time ago yesterday.  I wonder if he has had it that long; or wanted it then and can now afford it; if he feels like yesterday when he drives it today.  Back in the early 1980's I went out with a women, whose husband had bought her a mid-1960's MG convertible (I know its complicated, she was a she, and yes she was married, and yes she screwed around - a lot. We were young and reckless.) She would put the top down and ask me to drive, with the music turned up, she felt like she was a teenager again.  Shirley would be about 84 today, I wonder if she still feels young.  



12 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/31/2020

    It's a nice memory. Do you have contact and know if she is still alive? I guess not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lost contact a long time ago.

      Delete
  2. I hope Shirley Is still tooling around with the top down and some young stud behind the wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great catch! That car is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who has a vintage Porsche that looks much like that car. It's a light powder blue and he named it Priscila. So when he's driving around new Hope, one will hear, "Oh I see Priscila is out today."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And not the queen of the desert.

      Delete
  5. I have an Auntie Shirley who is 83 now, but I'm pretty sure she's not the same woman :) Somebody rear ended BH a couple of weeks ago. Crashed into my Buick, you pervs! We have been informed that it is totaled. I hate car shopping! Oh, well, Subaru Forrester here I come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley was from Indianapolis. Sorry about the Buick, enjoy the Subaru.

      Delete