Thursday, August 27, 2020

Me Again


A long, long time ago, early in the morning, after a night long thunderstorm, I was born on my Grandfather's Birthday, this day.  I have somehow survived another year.  I have reached the point that Ron describes as having more yesterdays, than tomorrows, but I probably have a few good years left to go.  I thought about doing a video, as Spo often does, but I couldn't decide what to say. Like John I am surrounded by things I like, that have meaning to me, there is really not much that I want or need. If you really must, a Krogen 70 is always a thoughtful gift, if it comes with a trust fund to fill the fuel tanks. 

I am taking the day off and I will spend the morning checking in with friends. I will start off my morning living vicariously through Walt and KenAnne Marie sent me a card a few days ago. I will check in with Sharon in Phoenix, and see what the Mistress is up to today, and check in down under with Andrew and on Mitchell, SG and the cats, and on Fearsome and Blobby.  I will check the latest politics with Bob. I will check in on a few others, some of whom I wish posted often enough to check on daily.  If I missed mentioning you, sorry!  

I will be home with my love.  Hoping for a quiet day. 

Birthdays can be weird for me, my mother forgot mine several times, I was let go from a job once (reduction in force) on my birthday.  So I tend to lay low.  Five years ago we had lunch and I had one beer (just one) at the Hofbrau House in Munich, that was memorable.  

Take care, have fun, treasure each day, each week, each month, and each year.  Our time is finite, our supply of birthdays is not unlimited. Enjoy,   I will.   

20 comments:

  1. I truly wish you a very Happy Birthday dear Penguin.🎈🎂🎈🎂🎈🎂🎉

    As the fabulous Mae West said- "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this is not a dress rehearsal, it is the last show.

      Delete
  2. Happy, happy birthday to you! Thanks for spending part of it with me! I know what you mean about birthdays. Never huge in my family and once I left home at 17, mostly ignored. In her later years my mother learned from SG’S family and always sent a card (and a check!!!). It took my a long time to be happy about mine. Now I am ... usually. Wishing you a love-filled day with Jay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I should learn Spanish - living vicariously you know.

      Delete
  3. YAYZ, you got my card! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, friend!

    and many many more to come; enjoy your day off with sweet bear and PLEASE have more than one adult beverage today! "go big or go home" as maddie always says.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glass in which that beer was served had, I believe, a 1.5 litre capacity.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your birthday and celebrate in a special way. Birthdays are weird for me too, I get that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Happy Joy Joy!
    Enjoy the day, and cheers to many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, keep entertaining and informing us

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a day full of laughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, a couple of nice long walks this morning

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8/27/2020

    A very happy birthday to you. Your blog was a good find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I enjoy your blog everyday

      Delete
  9. Best wishes to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will visit soon for my daily glimmer of life in rural France, and THE Tour starts this weekend, three weeks of France.

      Delete