Saturday, January 11, 2020

Well That Was A #$!! of a Week

I have served on the board of nonprofits for years. No one ever said board service would be easy, but I never expected this.  To put it politely someone who pretend to be a friend, stabbed me in the back this week on a non-profit board.  I am not sure if I was targeted or collateral damage from a fight between two other board members but it was ugly, and I went from ascending to the ladder of leadership to the first rung.  As they say $#!t happens.  

Sadly, I still believe in the mission of the organization.  I have agreed to stay on to try to help heal the gutting that the board took.  

Tell me, will next week be better? 

12 comments:

  1. watch your back, dear.

    I'd love to buy those sox for my boss and a co-worker; they would find them fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ran across those in a bookstore, Philly has lots of fun shops.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1/11/2020

    Has to be, doesn't it. Not for profit organisations can be the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Run by bunch of amatures with their own agendas.

      Delete
  3. I promise. (But don’t quote me on that.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If not, I may need to come put my feet in the sand for a few days.

      Delete
  4. I find singing "Take This Job and Shove It!" at the top of my lungs works wonders. You're a joyful man, don't let anyone take that from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My new board appointment is my last, before retirement, and I can incite a revolt and resign if I feel like it. :)

      Delete
    2. Well then, be revolting if you feel like it. Just be joyful about it.

      Delete
  5. Boards can be vicious places when the infighting starts. Sorry you were a victim of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, a control freak was in charge and he manipulated the rules and the process for months to gut and replace leadership.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you believe in the mission of this organization because what they have done to you sucks, big time. It does not reflect well on the leadership of the organization at all!

    ReplyDelete