Wednesday, January 08, 2020

The Way We Were Wednesday


My guess is this was taken in the late 1960's, that is the back of the house I grew up in.  As the family grew, my parents added a larger house - nearly 1,000 sq. ft. to the little house they started out in, this is the back of the two.  The snow drift was nearly 6 foot 8 inches tall.  I think that was the winter a snow plow got stuck in a drift just south of the house. 

Reminds me of the one of the reasons I left there when I could.  

Did you grow up with snow like this? 

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/08/2020

    A you might guess, no. I've only experienced falling snow a couple of times in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THe novelty of snow wears off after a few minutes

      Delete
  2. Snow, not like that, we get a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was about the worst where I grew up.

      Delete
  3. Rarely, although we did have blizzards on Long Island and in NYC. Went to university in the Snow Belt of western New York State, though. That looks like a normal winter day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure why anyone winters where this is normal

      Delete
  4. snow yes, but not like THAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are little milder here in the middle Atlantic region.

      Delete
  5. Yes, I did. The 60s saw heavy snowfalls and blizzards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that area if Michigan has had snows like this, in 50 years.

      Delete
  6. Second generation San Diego beach baby here, honey! Snow was a thing we visited, and never ever that much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grew up in Central Indiana, and am back living here again. I remember snows like that, and the six years I lived on Nebraska, and in Germany for two years. My only escape was the two years in Monterey, California!!

    ReplyDelete