Sunday, January 12, 2020

Sunday Five - Warning Signs

For some reason when I travel, I am fascinated by warning signs telling us to, "do this, don't to that, can't you read the signs." Hence today's Sunday five, the signs. 

1: Have you ever ignored the sign and done it anyway? 
2: In the bottom sign above, what is prohibited between the phone and hats? 
3: If you came with a warning sign, what would it read? 
4: I have ever been shouted at by a guard in a museum? 
5: What warning sign should be over your bedroom door? 

My answers: 
1: Have you ever ignored the sign and done it anyway? Yes.
2: In the bottom sign above, what is prohibited between the phone and hats? If I knew, would I ask? My best guess it take your hands out of your pockets - but why? 
3: If you came with a warning sign, what would it read? You might be the subject of the next blog posting. 
4: I have ever been shouted at by a guard in a museum?  For taking pictures, a few times.  The most memorable was in Rome, the sculpture had such a nice ass. 
5: What warning sign should be over your bedroom door? There is a collection of Do Not Disturb signs on my bedroom door, do they count?

Please share your answers in the comments, feel free to be creative.  

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/12/2020

    1. Frequently and often.

    2. What's the problem with hands in your pockets? It must be about what your hands might do in your (slashed?) pockets. Coincidently today a read a short piece about why men can't leave their bits alone, even in public.

    3. Caution, he will tolerate a lot of bad behaviour because you are a frail person with your own issues, but once he thinks it is personally directed at him, that is the end. Bit too long for a sign really.

    4. Ah, a chance to place name drop. Informed, not yelled at, by a guard for taking a flash photo in MOMA, New York.

    5. Should you enter, never look inside Andrew's bedside cupboard or drawer.

    Well, that was a bit of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend of mine was in a panic at a conference, he had received a text message from his brother who was at his house, desperately looking for the keys to an extra car that was in the garage, afraid that bedside drawer would be searched.

      Delete
  2. 1: Have you ever ignored the sign and done it anyway? I’m sure I must have, but I oddly can’t remember an instance.
    2: In the bottom sign above, what is prohibited between the phone and hats? No peeing in your pants? No clue!
    3: If you came with a warning sign, what would it read? Ultra Liberal. Don’t share your ignorance.
    4: I have ever been shouted at by a guard in a museum? Yep. I asked a guard when I entered if photos were allowed. There were no signs. H said , yes, just no flash. After an hour in the museum, another guard yelled... yes yelled at me... when I raised my camera.
    5: What warning sign should be over your bedroom door? Members Only(?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1: who hasn't!
    2: no diddling the naughty bits
    3: BORN TO BE WILD!
    4: no
    5: STFU, I'M SLEEPING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.Yep. I've been told that I treat speed limit signs as suggestions.
    2. My eyes are kind of fuzzy, so I'm going with NO ANAL SEX ZONE.
    3. CAUTION, NO FILTER
    4. Nope
    5. HAZARDOUS WASTE DUMP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love it when you say what you think

      Delete
  5. I became intrigued by the sign in question. It says above "Holy service, no sight seeing"... so I think they are asking people to not be disrespectful by standing around with your hands in your pockets or anything disrespectful. Maybe being a religious site they could be asking guys not to feel themselves up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure the people who created the sign, understand it, but it gets lost across cultures.

      Delete