Don't get me started on:
- The Mango Menace and his tweets
- Twitter, random meaninglessness taken as gospel
- Fake leaders, complaining about fake news
- Brexit - and protectionism
- Hiring the wrong person for the right job
- Playing injured - welcome to adult life
- People trying to borrow their way out of debt
- Teaching to the test
- Flint's water
- Religious terrorists taking over government -
- Abortion bans
- Elon Musk
- Short Term Thinking in a long term world
- Failure to modernize our immigration laws
- The difference in pronunciation between "the oven" and "the cat"
How to Pronounce the
- Normally, we pronounce the with a short sound (like "thuh"). But when thecomes before a vowel sound, we pronounce it as a long "thee".
vowel sound write say a the apple thee apple e the egg thee egg i the ice-cream thee ice-cream o the orange thee orange u the ugli fruit thee ugli fruit
All of these could start a random rant. I will kindly avoid them.
What are you avoiding these days?
Well today, a neighbor. When I got home she was outside. She's sweet, but gawd, shes starts talking, good luck getting away from her.ReplyDelete
the co-worker we all call "the princess". he's a total asshole.ReplyDelete
Mostly what you’re avoiding... and the doctor! Even the oven and the cat! A regular conversation with my Spanish friends. But why?ReplyDelete
Sex (yeast infection, you know). Ha! That's just getting back at you for the thee thuhs running thru my head right now!ReplyDelete
I had an English born grandmother, who a stickler for pronunciation and grammar. This morning having breakfast at the hotel, I overheard the misuse of the word “got” and wanted to stop and correct the gentleman. Hope you are feeling better soon, yeast loves those warm moist places.Delete
I guy once told me that I needed to watch my "pronounciation". I just giggled. I say nukular instead of nuclear just to piss off my anal retentive baby sister. I never, ever say Anne Marie's favorite word. The one accusing a person of practicing incest with his mommy. I pronounce all of the syllables properly so it loses something.Delete
Hey, have you seen Weird Al's video of his song Word Crimes? I think you would enjoy it.
By the way, I don't have naturally moist places anymore. My yeast goes after my natural sweetness! Okay, uncontrolled blood sugar. Oh dear, I'm on the unfiltered, rambling tmi trail again!