Sunday, October 20, 2024

The Sunday Five: Parenthood


1: At what age did you really leave your parents home? 

2: After you left home, did you ever move back into your parents home? 

3: Do you have children? 

4: Do you enjoy having children around? 

5: How many siblings do you have? 

My answers: 

1: At what age did you really leave your parents home? 22 

2: After you left home, did you ever move back into your parents home? No, late in life my father said his greatest fear was that the kids would move back home after we left. 

3: Do you have children? No 

4: Do you enjoy having children around? If they are quiet, but I really don't understand them. 

5: How many siblings do you have? Three. 

Please share your answers in the comments. 

8 comments:

  1. 1. 16
    2. Kind of, well yes.
    3. No. It seems I am barren.
    4. I do, the livelier, the better.
    5. Snap. Three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1: At what age did you really leave your parents home? 18, to go to college.
    2: After you left home, did you ever move back into your parents home? I moved back in for a month when I was planning my movie to Miami and had rented out my house in Sacramento. It gave me time with my parents before moving 3000 miles away.
    3: Do you have children? If pets count, then yes, I have had dozens; if it's human babies, then No.
    4: Do you enjoy having children around? Generally the ones I'm related to.
    5: How many siblings do you have? I am the "Middle Neglected Child" though my sister passed away in 2015 so it's just my brother and me now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only the fur-babies were tax deductible.

      Delete
  3. 1. I was 18 when I left home.
    2. I moved back for a couple of months one summer four years later when I was unemployed while at university.
    3. I have no children.
    4. No, I don't really enjoy having young children around. Their energy exhausts me.
    5. I have two siblings, one older, one younger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1: At what age did you really leave your parents home? I was eighteen.
    2: After you left home, did you ever move back into your parents home? No I never lived there again.
    3: Do you have children? Yes two.
    4: Do you enjoy having children around? Yes I do. They are a delight.
    5: How many siblings do you have? One living, two dead. I was the third son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your grandkids are often the highlight of your weeks.

      Delete