Wednesday, October 23, 2024

My World of Wonders aka The Wednesday Ws October 30, 2024


Where have I been this week?
Out and about, the Hirshorn, Mt. Vernon, the Swamp, Huntley Meadows, Long Bridge,  I am trying to get out for a walk and see the wonders in my back yard. 

What have I been up to in the Kitchen? Steaks, chicken soup, an amazing apple tart, some nice salads, three pints of sweet pickled golden beets. 

What have I done for myself and others?  Vaccines - COVID, flu, and RSV.  The condo had an onsite clinic for residents. 

Who have a talked to this week?  My Sweet Bear,  . . . it has been a quiet week at home. 

How have We been feeling?  We have both had a nasty cough. We are feeling better, it has been a long week. 

What have I been watching?  Lots of Youtube.  Escape to Rural France, DownieLive, Tokyo Lens, The Pethericks, Glen and Friends, Brian's Life in France, and others.  

What am I reading? A Walk Around the Block - detailed explanations of the things we walk by every week and never really understand. When that one is finished I need to go back to the library again. 

When did I grimace and have to excercise great self control this week?  A political comment, by someone I have called an a$$hole in the past, and who continues to prove it. 

What have I been looking at? The family tree of my great-great-great grandfather, tracing his ancestry from 1794 back.  Back in the 1970s a foundation hired a genealogist to trace his ancestry, the oldest entry is from 1584. My grandmother had a framed copy, that went to my father, and is now here, hanging over my desk. 

Who deserves a big thank you this week?  The condo staff and volunteers who organized the vaccine clinic. It was fast and easy, and just a short walk to the community center. 







 

8 comments:

  1. I had my covid vaccine a month ago, in addition to 6 others for the upcoming trip. I've had lots of pricks lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great to have a vaccination clinic organised in your building.
    I've gone off DownieLive. I am not interested in car racing and cycling and his clips are now too long. As he has been publishing about Australia, I really should take a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish he would keep the the videos to 20-30 minutes. I think the YouTube algorithm rewards the longer clips with better placement.

      Delete
  3. I got my flu and covid shots this past week too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That vaccine clinic on site is a great idea. I've had all those shots except the new flu shot. I will get that one tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was offered the high dose flu shot.

      Delete