Wednesday, October 02, 2024

My World of Wonders aka the Wednesday Ws October 2nd edition




Where have I been? We left Ft Wayne Indiana a week ago, drove to Dayton, Ohio, we toured the Air Force Museum, then the next two days drove on home. Home, the grocery store, kind of staying close to home for a couple of days. 

Who have I talked to?  I had breakfast with Diaday of House Dust and Wanderlust last Thursday morning in Centerville/Kettering a close in south eastern suburb of Dayton.  Her blog reflects her personality, perky, honest, and upbeat.  It was great to meet her.  And this checks one of my goals for the year to meet a couple of bloggers this year.  

When is the next adventure? I am headed to New York soon to celebrate the 60th birthday of the guy who got me started with blogging.  He no longer blogs, but he does have a pod cast.

What then?  I promise I am going to stay home for a while. 

How Was the trip?  Very good.  It was good to see family in Cleveland, we explored the town my mother finished high school in, the wedding was great fun with great friends, it was wonderful to see my family, and meet Owen, meeting Diaday was wonderful fun, and then a tiring drive on home, lots of wind, rain, and a little fog. 

What was the best hotel of the trip?  Home2Suites by Hilton is a new brand, we stayed in two of them.  The rooms are larger, and comfortable.  Unlike most "suite" chains, Home2Suites offers rooms with two beds.  

Who deserves a special THANK YOU this week? Former President Jimmy Carter on his 100th birthday. A role model for all of us. Thank you for all that you did for the world. 





No comments:

Post a Comment