Monday, October 07, 2024

Monday Mood: It is all connected




 It is good to be home on this Monday morning, home for a few months.  We were in New York late last week to meet up with friends for lunch.  

The thin man above, is Stephen.  He is responsible for me getting started blogging.  He was blogging, and going away for a couple of weeks and asked for guest bloggers.  I volunteered and put up a few posts on his blog, and started my own.  He was in New York from London to celebrate his 60th birthday.  He is a lighting director in live theater in London.  

Through his blog, we met Bob aka Woodchuck, and his wife Kelly who were blogging.  The wedding two weeks ago was their oldest daughter. 

We met Mitchell, who is moving again, through blogging.  We have met him a couple of times in New York, and he introduced us the joys of a New York Black and White cookie.  The last time we met him in NYC (in January, the first trip of this year for us) we met Sassy Bear, aka Sean and Jeffery in person.  A really neat lunch we hope to be able repeat. 

The trip to New York had a very limited agenda, have lunch with Stephen and Duncan, and have lunch with Kent, my Sweet Bear's grad school mentor. Nothing beyond that.  I had a couple of delightful later afternoon early evening walks around Chelsea, an area of the city we had not spent time in. The City is looking good.  The Subway was kind to us.  

My mood is good, and content with being home for a few weeks (months.)  

1 comment:

  1. After so much travel it is always good to be home. I agree.

    I'm resting now before I open another showroom the next two weeks, and then my huge vacation of the year. Even better, I'm off today! After that, and then thanksgiving and Christmas I plan to take a long rest and stay put.

    ReplyDelete