Thursday, January 13, 2022

Thursday Ramble - People Sometimes Disappoint Me


YouTube has largely replaced broadcast and cable TV for me.  There are some really talented content producers.  There is a whole cluster of English Narrow Boat channels I look forward to my Friday evening with Foxes Afloat, a couple of times a month I go flying with Max, once a week or so I go hiking and taking photos with Thomas, and there are a bunch of others.  With YouTube there is a greater feeling of connection between the creator and the audience.  Even those with 100-200-thousand subscribers often respond to comments, and you get a glimpse into their lives that hollywood never gives.  YouTube is a more personal experience. 

One of the challenges with this is people will sometimes disappoint.  For sometime I have been watching a young blogger from Toronto.  He is fun, and nice to look at, and not afraid to say or show much of anything (within the limits of what YouTube will allow, he basically makes a living from the advertising revenue and needs to not get banned by YT.) 

He recently announced that he tested positive for Covid.  Then he went onto say that he wasn't going to get vaccinated, but he wanted to fly to visit a lover in Sweden, and had to be vaccinated to enter Sweden, so he was and he got sick anyway.  Then he tries to say he is not anti-vax, and only had the vaccination because he was forced to.  I watched this one late in the day.  The more I thought about the illogic of what he said, the more disappointed I was, the more angry I was.  You can't say you were not going to get vaccinated, and say you are not anti-vax.  His logic is tragically flawed.  

I did the only thing I really could do, I unsubscribed.  I will miss his offbeat sexy humor, and his killer abs, but I can't put pennies in the pocket of someone who sees nothing wrong with not following science, only following it when he feels forced to do so, and then not really because he wants to protect his health and the health of others, but to satisfy his sexual appetite. 

Disappoint me, and I know where the delete key is. 

15 comments:

  1. It's interesting, but I can't get into viewing much on You tube for long spans of time, except for mostly music videos. You had me intrigued by this fellow, till you told me the rest. I was going to ask wo he was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably 1 in 100 content producers are worth watching - kind of like ABC,CBS,NBC in prime time.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1/13/2022

    I am the same as Mistress Maddie. I was going to ask but I am not interested now. I make many allowances for people's foibles and failings, but that would be a step too far. You'll remember the Foxes had Covid, with Shaun quite unwell.

    I assume you follow Robbie Cumming, Paul and Anthony and Fran and Richard. Any other narrowboat you recommend?

    I find Mike of Downie Live in Vancouver quite entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three out of four, Fran and Richard I have not watched - or didn't connect for some reason.

      Delete
  3. SG is hooked on my many YouTube Vloggers. I don’t seem to find a connection. He loves the narrow boats. I enjoyed a couple with him. And, yes, people disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Foxes rented a boat in Scotland recently and traveled down Loch Ness, Looked AMAZING.

      Delete
  4. Anti-vaxxer logic ... isn't logic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing the excuses that some people use to be totally illogical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His excuse was he didn't like being told what to do.

      Delete
  6. You are right to vote with your wallet. People have the right to their own opinions but that doesn't mean we have to give them our money in order to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (Comment above deleted for typos)

    It is sad that, even in a flood, people refuse to get in the boat.

    Sassybear
    www.idleeyesandadormy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can explain it, but I can't understand for people.

      Delete