Sunday, February 24, 2019

Sunday Five - Inspiration

I know I have had few words this week, I seem to lack inspiration for great posts.  And yet, posting is a habit and I feel compelled to in the words of Spo to "put out" so as to not disappoint my loyal handful of readers.  Hence this weeks Sunday Five, What Inspires you? 

1: Given a choice of revisiting a past destination or exploring a new place, what inspires you? 
2: Have you ever traveled someplace based on something you saw on television? 
3: Given a choice, would you fly, drive or take a train? 
4: If you could spend Tuesday, anyplace in the world, where would it be? 
5: What adventure are you most looking forward to this year? 

My Answers: 
1: Given a choice of revisiting a past destination or exploring a new place, what inspires you? Someplace new, novelty inspires me. 
2: Have you ever traveled someplace based on something you saw on television?  Our entire cruise to Alaska was planned around a riding a train I saw in television. 
3: Given a choice, would you fly, drive or take a train? Under 300 miles, take the train, over 300 miles fly. 
4: If you could spend Tuesday, anyplace in the world, where would it be? Tokyo, never been there, fascinated by the place. 
5: What adventure are you most looking forward to this year?  I am hoping to get a hot air balloon ride in this year.  

Your answers in the comments, 

7 comments:

  1. 1: both. when I revisit a place I have not seen for some time, everything has changed

    2: yes

    3: take the train - ALWAYS

    4: if it's tuesday, this must be belgium

    5: don't have anything planned yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, something doesn't have to be long to be great. I like these shorter posts. Succinct and very enjoyable. You don't have to "put out" everyday. That can be exhausting. Do what you do do well boy, as an old country song says.

    1. I prefer revisiting. I'm totally shy (shut up!) so I like familiarity.

    2. Yes. Cruise ships and Hawaii.

    3. Drive. I like being able to stop when I want to.

    4. Tuesday? Looking for Wimpy to get the money he owes me.

    5. Our yearly camping trips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cruise to Hawaii looks like fun. A friend of ours is spends the worst of winters on cruises in warm places to get away from Chicago.

      Delete
  3. 1. I prefer going to new destinations.
    2. I once booked a tour in England based solely on the recommendation of a blog I was reading at the time. It was great too!
    3. I prefer to fly and get there quickly.
    4. I would spend Tuesday in London, England if I could. And I've been to Tokyo. It's very, very crowded. But clean! And quiet for a big city because the Japanese rarely honk their horns while driving.
    5. Well, I have a colonoscopy coming up this fall. I haven't booked any travel yet, alas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like a man who 'puts out' especially regular
    1: I tend to go for new things nowadays.
    2: I can not think of one.
    3: If it were a proper train I vote for that.
    4: Sydney Australia
    5: getting through it. Each year seems more adverturesome than that last one.

    ReplyDelete