Sunday, September 23, 2018

Sunday Five - Will We or Won't We?


Inspired by yesterday's posting, what do you think we will see in the near future?

1:  We will see self flying or drone, passenger flight? 
2:  Will we be riding in self driving cars?
3:  Will we cut the recharging cable, with devices that charge on their own?
4:  Will manned spaceflight return to the moon?
5:   Will the average person live to 100 years of age?

My answers:
1:  We will see self flying or drone, passenger flight?  The flying technology exists, advances are needed in air traffic control. I think we will. 
2:  Will we be riding in self driving cars? Yes, I think we will (can't wait)
3:  Will we cut the recharging cable, with devices that charge on their own? I have been told that the we will, beyond charging mats, charging through the air. 
4:  Will manned spaceflight return to the moon?  Every President talks about it, but no one wants to spend the money, I don't think we will in my lifetime. 
5:   Will the average person live to 100 years of age?  No.  More people will, but the average won't hit that point.  I have met a dozen people age 100 or older, only one of them had a good quality of life.  

Your answers in the comments below: 

3 comments:

  1. 1: We will see self flying or drone, passenger flight? Mabe, not sure I'd trust that.

    2: Will we be riding in self driving cars? Yes, but not sure I'd be comfortable with that.

    3: Will we cut the recharging cable, with devices that charge on their own? My brain hurts.

    4:Will manned spaceflight return to the moon? Yes.
    5: Will the average person live to 100 years of age? No. Although Olivia de Haviland just turned 102. With the stuff they put in food, I doubt the average will live that long. Society doesn't know how to stop and enjoy life. The average may be late 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1: I have no idea having not heard of such until now.
    2: I will be too timorous to do so.
    3: Let us hope so.
    4: I would like this yes.
    5: Will the average person live to 100 years of age?

    ReplyDelete