Saturday, September 22, 2018

Amazing Times We Live In


A couple of my grandparents were born before the Wright brothers flew, my father was born the year Lindberg flew the Atlantic solo.  In their life times my grandparents and parents witnessed huge changes in technology that allowed them to see and do things that were previously out of reach for the average person.  

In the past 25 years we have experienced a massive technology shift that allows us to see things, experience things that previously required travel or hours of digging in dusty archives and libraries.  When my Grandmother filed for naturalization in the mid-1960s it took months of airmail to gather the documents she needed.  Today that would be handled online or by email.  

I inherited her immigration file.  I entered the address of the place she was born in Google Earth, and in seconds I can see the street, see the front door of the house she was born in an ocean away. 

What will the next 25 years bring?     

5 comments:

  1. I shutter to think. This may require a G&T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with maddie. Exceptional technological progress but has the human race grown any kinder?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Orioles might have a winning season or two?

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too join the conga line of pessimism 'not much that is good' is to come.

    ReplyDelete