Thursday, May 17, 2018

Marina Towers




Chicago has a lot of amazing architecture, the Sears tower may be taller, but I have always loved Marina Towers.  So named, because there is a marina under the towers.  Sometimes referred to as the corn cobs, they are extreme 1960's cast concrete masterpieces.  Despite looking indestructible, exposed concrete is relatively high maintenance.  The Towers are currently undergoing major work on the hundreds of cantilevered balconies (the building I live in had that same work done the summer before I moved here.) I had never stood between the two buildings before.  The 10mm, ultra wide angle lens did an amazing job of filling the frame with the towers.  If I ever win the lottery, I'd love to have summer place there with a small boat in the basement.  

Would you live here? 

6 comments:

  1. Yep. That's the kind of place that really interests me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure; don't want concrete and high maintenance. I am more of a brick & stone girl. but they define the chicagoland skyline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. It's in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck no!!!

    I have a phobia about being trapped on the upper floors during a disaster.

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are cool......and if the views are good......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5/18/2018

    I’m not big on heights so depends on floor space!
    JP

    ReplyDelete