Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Travel Tuesday: Spin the wheel and go to Windsor




I created this post a couple of weeks before Queen Elizabeth II died. When I wrote it I had no idea that the chapel at Windsor would be in the world news before it posted. 

I opened the unsorted photo file, and scrolled down at random to see where it would take me today.  Windsor Castle is where I landed.  I took the train out from London, had lunch in a pub in the village, and spent the afternoon exploring the castle, taking the train back to London that afternoon.  I don't remember the exact schedule, but I had a day alone, J was on his way to Oxford for a conference.  I was either headed on to France, or headed home.  

A little random photo travel. A place very much in the worlds conscious.  I have been so lucky to have been so many amazing places.  Travel often, 

 

10 comments:

  1. Nice that you could be there on such a beautiful day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unsorted photo files can be addictive. There the loss of many hours may lie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I moved from Windows to Mac, 10 years of photos ended up in one folder. All of the organization was lost.

      Delete
  3. Uncanny right? It odd to do a post on someone or something like a place and the a person tied to it pass on. You have gotten around!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a lucky life when it comes to travel and adventures

      Delete
  4. I agree about travel, especially outside the US because then you become aware that people round the world are more alike than different, and that's a great education.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More people need well worn passports

      Delete
  5. Apparently the new Prince and Princess of Wales are living at Windsor now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a great place to raise a family, lots of open spaces and tourists to make fun of. The village was adorable, maybe they will let them slip out a side door to go to the shops like normal people.

      Delete