Thursday, March 17, 2022

The Thursday Ramble: Adventures I have experienced


Commenting on blogs and reading you comments has reminded me of some of the adventures I have experienced.  I have been fortunate, I have traveled a lot, spent a lot of time with many very bright people, seen and done a couple of lifetimes of adventures, with a few good years left to go. Here are a few unique highlights. 

Attended a tea party hosted by the archbishop of Canterbury in the rose garden at Christ Church College, Oxford. 

A private after hours party in the Gateway Arch in St Louis.

A construction tour of EPCOT, and a pre-opening day at EPCOT. 

A private after hours party in the Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom.

Flew on a Zeppelin. 

Seen two Popes in St Peters Square. 

Ridden in multiple steam trains. 

Had a conversation with the First Lady (when Biden was Vice President.) 

Driven on the Autobahn - at over 100 miles per hour legally 

Been passed while driving 100 miles per hour, legally  

And in the words of the bard, "Jimmy there is still so much to be done."  https://youtu.be/8NBWcClR6lY

 

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/17/2022

    A life well lived with you having seen and done a lot, as have we. I would have enjoyed 100 mph on an autobahn but that is in the past. Now we can travel on trains at 285 mph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And take the slow train, first class

      Delete
  2. Some special experiences. I would have loved to have experienced: Gaateway Arch, Epcot, Disney, Zeppelin, Michelle Obama. I’ve raced on the Autobahn and I’ve been passed there and while speeding elsewhere. And I’ve been on multiple steam trains. I didn’t eat the last mango in Paris… nor did Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard the backstory, someone owns the trademark mark on Tango as a dance.

      Delete
  3. Driving 80 makes me nervous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being surrounded by German drivers makes it less terrifying, the police will ticket you for driving slow in the fast lane, trucks are strictly prohibited in the fast lanes, idiots towing trailers are forbidden in the fast lanes, then there was the middle aged driver in the little Fiat that couldn't go more than 50 miles an hour. I have more tales,

      Delete
  4. I once hit 100 mph in California, clearly driving illegally, but the car was new and I wanted to see what she'd do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that once in Orlando, a new Honda Accord, late at night,

      Delete
  5. Hey, I've been on a steam train, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them - I think it is all of the moving parts on the outside - and they are kind of alive

      Delete
  6. What a fun read this was. It made me think of all the great experiences I've had. I actually drove the autobahn at 80 and everyone passed me. I also attended the grand opening ceremonies for EPCOT. And, I've been hugged by two presidents! I had dinner with friends Tuesday evening and we recounted some of our memorable travel experiences. That was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to look back at what we have done.
      I photographed Reagan when he was running the first time.

      Delete