Most of the time, I have a weirdly optimistic view of the world, I have my father to thank for that. When I was a kid and I would complain about what I had, or wanted, or my lot in life, he would remind me, often in a colorful way that others would be grateful to have what I had, to have the place in life that I had. And he was right, I have so much to be thankful for.
- I have love in my life, my sweet bear.
- I have a home, that while modest in size, is comfortable, and I feel safe in.
- I have a job, that I find rewarding, that allows my strange mind to do things that I find fulfilling and to make a difference in the lives of others.
- I have an education that leverages my abilities and helps me understand the weird world out there.
- I have a good work life balance.
- I have decent health, able to move about on my own, not contemplating imminent death.
- I am able to travel, not everyplace I ever wanted to go, but a lot more than most.
- I have friends, and few enemies.
- I have a forum for sharing my photos and thoughts.
- I have a good life, and I know it.
Be thankful for what you have, be kind, be generous with your love and time.
My mother always criticized me for being a "cockeyed optimist". She finally succeeded mostly in getting it out of my system. I've spent the last 40 years trying to find it again!ReplyDelete
where was that photo taken? you and sweet bear have a nice day together!ReplyDelete
The Boudin Bakery at Fisherman’s wharf in San FranciscoDelete
ooooooh, sourdough bread!Delete
Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Yes we do take lots for granted. We must learn to be gratefulReplyDelete
Thankful for your friendshipReplyDelete
By your list I see you are what we call in psychiatry A Fortunate Fellow.