Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Dear Santa

Let Me Explain Adult

Dear Santa:
It has been a rough year, I have tried to be nice, I really have. 

Yes, I have told a couple of people that they were screwing up big time, but they were. 

Yes, I played hardball with one of my brothers when he tried to force us to sell him Dad's house out of the estate for  60% of what it was worth - it was hard being rude to him - but he was trying to steal from the other three of us. 

Yes, I have been disrespectful to Donny at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, but, I don't know as that one requires an explanation.  Be kind to him, he had no idea what he was getting himself into. 

Yes, I have been grumpy from time to time this year.  Sorry, it has been a stress filled year.  I will try to be better in the future.

Yes, I have had impolite thoughts about Metro Rail, I may even have voiced them.  At times it would be handy to have 8 tiny flying reindeer. 

Yes, I have written 3 letters complaining about poor service, including one to my late father's cable company complaining about them wishing him happiness in his new home after he died. One of the three appears to have made a difference.

Yes, I gave up on the bank that I have been with for 24 years.  I morn the loss of bankers who knew what they were doing, and who admitted when they didn't know something. 

I promise to do better next year, one day at a time, one moment at a time.  Next year has to be better, I am running out of older family members. 

Love,


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, David!

    Poor Santa, he's going to have a tough time in your country this year, what with the natural disasters and the orange faced one currently living in Pennsylvania Avenue.

    But me, nothing can wipe the smile from my face, because this was the year my son found me! Thanks, Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely deserve lots of goodies under the tree this year. (And something big and shiny for your disrespect of that asshole on Pennsylvania Avenue.)

    ReplyDelete