I know a lot of people don't make New Years Resolutions, I set annual goals, goals that are reasonable, and within my control. These give me a roadmap a plan. I read someplace, "if you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
So how have I done this year? Here are my Goals for 2021
- Read 24 books, two a month is a healthy goal. I kind of blew this one out of the water, 64 books finished. I have found ways to integrate reading into being home.
- Continue 45 minutes to an hour per day of physical activity. Restart the daily activity log, what gets measured gets done. This one has faltered, not as much moving and the daily log worked well for a while, then started gathering dust. 5 out of 10 on this one. I have excuses for this, someone told me excuses are like assholes, we all have one and most of them stink.
- Blog daily. Mission accomplished.
- Add another 5,000 photos to the archive. 10,011 - over achiever
- Start to learn to identify birds, flowers and trees. Good progress 7 out of 10
- Reach out to at least one friend per week, even if just to say Hi! About a 5 out of 10.
- Develop my storytelling - putting a lifetime of adventures into words. Great progress
- Read 50 books
- Blog daily
- Try to remodel / replace the kitchen
- Reach out to at least 2 friends per month
- Ten Hotel Nights, I see a little travel on the horizon
- Get back to walking 45 minutes or more, 5 or more times per week.
- Tell my sweet bear I love him, at least twice a day
- Pause at least once per day, to think about what is making me happy today