Friday, November 19, 2021

Foodie Friday - The Chart House


If you have traveled a lot in the USA, chances are you have seen or eaten at a Chart House Restaurant.  The group has a couple of dozen locations around the country, including one here on my front yard, on the water in Old Town Alexandria Virginia.  Most are waterfront, most focus on seafood.  Then there is South Lake Tahoe.  The Chart House in Tahoe, is about 1,000 feet up the side of a mountain and about a mile and half from the lake.  The menu was beef and steak heavy.  The food was wonderful, the view breathtaking, the service was world class.  While expensive, it was not overly expensive for where it was at.  On a scale of of 1 to 10 with 10 being spend your kids inheritance if you have to experience this, I would rate it at a strong 8.  Definitely worth the trip up the mountain.  

They had a nice list of non-alcoholic Arnold Palmer drinks.  These are a mixture of ice tea and something. The classic was half ice tea and half lemon aid.  I had one made with peach puree that was heavenly, I had two, the second on is half price.  Why non-alcoholic? I was driving, at 7,000 feet above sea level, in unfamiliar surroundings, at night.  Not the time or place for the least little bit of impairment.  

Always have fun, and stay safe.   

 

11 comments:

  1. We went a couple of times to the Chart House in Marina del Rey... when we lived there... in the early ’80s! It was excellent and had a great location, but it’s no longer there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have changed ownership at least once.

      Delete
  2. I have heard of Chart Houses and never eaten at one. This Tahoe one, though, would be nice, if only for the location.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who IS that handsome fella sitting at the table?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great place for a meal with a view!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice to go to restaurants again! I've missed them. And I'm sick of my own cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy cooking, but at time I stand there without a clue what to make.

      Delete
  6. I have never heard of a Chart House restaurant; I learned something.

    ReplyDelete