Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Travel Tuesday - Someplace Abbey in Yorkshire


 Okay, I know, I really should know where this was taken, I was there, as was Travel, it is the lower level of a ruined abbey someplace in Yorkshire.  A delightful day walking in the gardens and visiting the ruins. A couple of related memories, the good old days of 256MB memory cards, Jay's camera ran out of memory.  My Nikon has 128GB memory card, I could go for months without running out of space.  My how things have changed in 15 years.  And at the end of the walk through the grounds was a cafe.  I had a delightful slice of cake and a beer.  I wasn't driving, I was on vacation, I could.  

18 comments:

  1. Great picture! But cake and beer????

    What an odd combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that was Fountains Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds right, nice pile of stone

      Delete
  3. I think WickedHamster's right. And, yeah, I'm with Maddie; I've never been a fan of cake and beer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the cake looked so good, how could anyone resist.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous3/23/2021

    Well, one beer wouldn't stop you driving. I have no idea of camera or phone storage now. It is all so large now that it isn't ever a problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My five year old phone, is running out of memory,

      Delete
  5. there's my lil penguin buddy! did he have some cake and beer too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could do cake and beer, but then I'm a heathen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, at least you've got a striking photo of the place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stone vaulting was amazing.

      Delete
  8. 256MB was still way better than a 36 exoposure roll of film. It is amazing how quickly things progressed in the photography field. Well, it seemed fast to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the 20/36 exposure days, and the progress was fast.

      Delete
  9. what sort of beer?

    ReplyDelete