Wednesday, March 10, 2021

The Way We Were Wednesday - Looking Back Through The Rear Window


Here we are looking back nearly 60 years, through the rear window of a car, crossing a bridge.  My mother would have taken this one, with my father driving and coaching her on how the camera worked.  He always drove when they traveled together.  Mom was not a backseat driver, she was a passenger seat driver, a habit I have had to work hard to get rid of, it drives my sweet bear nuts.  Likely my oldest brother was in the back seat, they took him to New York, I am pretty sure this set of slides was from that trip.  Looking back at the past, wasn't there a movie "Rear Window?" 
 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. There we some real gems in the family collection

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3/10/2021

    Nice work. Taking your brother to New York? Is that child abuse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand he was cranky and fussy the entire time, 60 years later, he still is.

      Delete
  3. nice photo! I don't recognize the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the color, and framing

      Delete
  4. My father was the driver and my mother was the navigator. She held the map. They worked well together. To this day, I'm a map reader. If I can see it on a map, I can find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to go wherever the little voices tell me to go, Ms Garmin that is. That has led to some interesting places over the years.

      Delete
  5. Like parking in the English Channel...

    ReplyDelete