Tuesday, May 14, 2019

City Life

My father was a city kid, raised by a mother who had only ever lived in cities and a father who worked on farms into his teenage years.  My mother was from generations of famers. My parents moved from the city to the farm 4 or 5 years before I was born.  I am a country person by birth, who loves living in cities.  I have thought about it, and as much as I would love to have access to garden fresh ingredients, I have no desire to live in the country.  I like the convenience of everything being close by, I like having other people around - even if I don't spend a lot of time interacting with them. My nearest neighbor is 8 inches away and if not for mail stacking up on his doorstep, I wouldn't know he was away from home last week. I don't have the need or desire for space around me. 

Are you a city person or a country person?  

4 comments:

  1. Both. I have the best of both worlds here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m definitely a city person and both my parents were city people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. city (sings) you were born in the city, concrete under your feet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big bustling cities, no. Rural septic tank well water country, no. Far enough so people aren't in my business, but close enough that my body wouldn't decompose for months before it is found, that's the ticket!

    ReplyDelete