Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Life Around The City

By birth, I was a country boy, my original family home is still a mile-and-a-half from the nearest paved road.  I can remember the first winter in Florida, living in Spring Hill, and being able to ride a bike or walk to a neighborhood shopping plaza.  What a thrill.  I was a city kid at heart.  I have spent my adult life living in cities varying in size from 50,000 to 8-million population.   Larger cities are different.  

It is easier to go unnoticed in a big city.  There are so many people, and so many things, that it is easy to blend into the crowd, hiding in plain sight.  I find I have more privacy in a big city.  At one time, I daydreamed about having a place in the country, a little farm.  Realistically, I am not going to do the physical work.  If I won the lottery, it would be fun to hire a couple of farm boys and watch them work.  I can dream can't I? But for the most part, I think I will spend the rest of my life in a real city. 

Are you a city person or a country person?  

4 comments:

  1. MOS DEF city! my hands were not born to touch dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m definitely a city person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in a small rural town and could not wait to leave! Have been a city girl all the rest of my life and will continue to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm somewhere in the middle. A suburbanite, I think. Don't like big cities and the country is fun to visit but I can't live with wells and septic tanks.

    ReplyDelete